Author Topic: hi avast  (Read 1878 times)

sherlook

hi avast
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
Hi/ i am a home user that used before 4.8 but download verision 5.... i instal it and updat .but have a problem after 2 mounth i formated my computer and install windows again but i copyed my avast 5 directory from program files from last windows to new directory . but had error in ashshell.dll and ashbase.dll. plz help me when i updated my anti virus can i do anything to save directory avast5 from program files or no??? or i must download again your updat file from :http://www.avast.com/community-and-support??? another question how i buy your original antivirus pack? i live in iran help me how ?? i have 10 years computer and i used macafee /zonealarm/ kaspersky/ nod32/symantec  and ... but your anti virus the best and best and best anti virus in world. i love it really . good luck

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: hi avast
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
Coping old files just mess the installation.
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.