Author Topic: reinstalling avast, will a lic file get blocked?  (Read 2619 times)

zfactor

reinstalling avast, will a lic file get blocked?
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:11:38 AM »
on this one system i keep having the shields all turn off. so i have been reinstalling many times to try to figure out the problem. but i dont want the key to get blocked if they think its on many systems? it is only being used on the three its good for but on this system i have had to reinstall prob 8-10 times already trying to solve problems. what will happen or will it be fine?

this is the wifes system and i dont want her key blocked because of issues and having to reinstall to fix them. please advise

thank you

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: reinstalling avast, will a lic file get blocked?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »
Hi zfactor,

Have you try to contact sales@avast.com regarding to your license issues?

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

sss

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:36:27 AM »
You said the key is working fine now but you want to know if reinstalling Avast which you plan to do can cause problem in future.

If your key is valid for 3 systems & you are using it on 3 systems only, then many re-installations (as you say) on one system shouldn't block the key.

But only the concerned technical staff can give you the correct picture.

zfactor

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
correct its being used on 3 systems. but one of those has had to be reinstalled like 8-10 times now due to trying to figure out issues. i know with some companies they will block the key on you.