Author Topic: Email help  (Read 1789 times)

rayneshay

Email help
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
I have been working with a client that uses Avast.  The problem is that they cannon receive email from me and a handful of other contacts.  The wife (who uses a different computer with avast and vista setup) receives email correctly and can send them.  The husband who uses and XP system and avast can not.  He can't even receive them from his wife.  My client who hosts her emails with my company uses the same server I do and he can not receive any mail from either of us.

Here are the details.  I run a web design and hosting company.  My server is non physical I rent it.  I have set up the hosting and email for this client.  They are located on the same server I am.  I don't have problems sending mail to other individuals and neither do I have problems receiving mail from others.  Like I said the wife doesn't seem to have any trouble either.  Just the husband.  This concerns her greatly as she feels that others may not receive her business mail.  So I am trying to help figure this out for her.

I know that his PC is XP with Avast and Spy-no-more and Outlook Express. She informed me that his mail settings are to send blocked mail to the delete folder.  When I asked if they were in that folder she said no.  She also told me there was nothing in that folder so I am wondering if there is a setting that will automatically delete emails?  If so, how does she access it to change it?

All help is welcome.

Thank you