Author Topic: Avast now shows ads like AVG  (Read 9646 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast now shows ads like AVG
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
<snip>
that's what you call static? (see screenshot) all those connections are related to avast UI >>> ads , ie they have nothing to do with updates. I do not run the free version anymore (all these avast UI connections obviously don't exist in AIS), so I have no idea what the ad is now, if it's just the AIS promo or other stuff sent from the web.
<snip>

The fact that you have it blocked means that it will no doubt generate other attempts to connect. If you didn't block it I guess you would get one attempt to retrieve the latest ad, which I haven't seen change in the time I have had the free version of 5.0.

I just can't believe what some people whinge about (see whinge image) in the way of an ad, which takes up so little space and is only in that one area of the UI, none of the other operational sections of the UI or Settings has it ???

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:15:55 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 10:03:36 PM »
That was my thought as well. ALWIL guys were really generous by only adding this kind of ad into the interface.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

hpguru

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
You use FREE high quality product. So, what is problem.  :D

I hate Avira's ad but avast ad is just simple and pretty nice. I use IS but i am have used AV5 Free 1 week.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »
Did the OP really expect to find sympathizers here over this silly matter? :o

AnthonySavino

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
It Should have! because I did purchase antivirus and chose a paid for other than Avast pro. I bought  Symantec Endpoint protection small business edition 12. It only demands 64 mb to run and includes antivirus antimalware antispyware and a firewall and it runs alot smoother than norton. Cost me 29 bucks and im happy.