Author Topic: RED Avast Icon = Trouble?  (Read 4304 times)

BertTurner

RED Avast Icon = Trouble?
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:09:21 AM »
The new Avast ver 5 icon in the system tray is the color RED.  Does this mean that
the program is having some kind of problem?  Red usually indicates trouble. :o  The
prior Avast versions had the little blue spinning ball/icon.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.  

-Allen in Chicago

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: RED Avast Icon = Trouble?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »
New avast! icon is Orange... so your icon seems normal.

Of course, icon with red "X" means trouble.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

BertTurner

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply and assurance, Non.   Upon closer inspection, the icon is indeed orange as you state.
"Hot" colors usually indicate potential or immediate trouble.  But I'll adapt.  Perhaps in the next release,
color customization will be an option.  Thanks again and have a super week, Non!
-Allen in Chicago

bobo1

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
Hi,
Did you have any other antvirus on your computer before avast?. If you had nortons or macafees you need to use their removal tools to get rid of traces in the registry as these will cause you trouble with the icon with red X . Also test your computer with free antispyware programs as follows MBAM Malwarebytes free & Spybot Search & Destroy free.
If you did not have these antviruses try repair of avast through add/remove programs! and go to the latest version which is stable for me now and happy using avast 5 now. 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:18:21 AM by bobo1 »

BertTurner

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »
Hi Bobo1,
Thanks for attempting to help, but apparently there is no problem with Avast, or my system. 
The new Avast 5.0 icon was designed to be ORANGE in color if everything is functioning properly.
A curious choice of color, but every other aspect of the new AVAST 5 is much improved
over AVAST 4, IMHO. 
-Allen

Hally

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
Hi  :)

Yep!
Just To Confirm For You...

The Avast 5 Ball .. IS .. Orange  :D

But I Know What You Mean  ;)

In Certain Light   ???
OR