Author Topic: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [now 5.0.460] ***  (Read 89256 times)

Offline zenzor

Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [5.0.447] ***
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »
AIS is still breaking Poser 8...

confirmed :-\
interesting, I'll let you know what I'll find out...

Thanks.

mikhalek

Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [now 5.0.454] ***
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »
Keyboard control is just awesome :P

Offline zenzor

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »
30°C less
Are you sure? Isn't it 3°C ???
I can't believe such a temperature change...

it used to be 80~85°C, it now is 55 ;) ... using much less CPU, this difference is normal.
See how it was before:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=56551.0;attach=44511;image

80~85°C is very high. My quad CPU never gets over ~55°C at 100% load on all four cores.

Looks like you could use a better CPU cooler, or a better airflow through the cabinet - if there's too hot in there even the best CPU cooler won't doo much good. Could also be that the cooler isn't mounted correctly.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:27:41 AM by zenzor »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2010, 01:35:18 AM »
Looks like you could use a better CPU cooler, or a better airflow through the cabinet - if there's too hot in there even the best CPU cooler won't doo much good. Could also be that the cooler isn't mounted correctly.
+1
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
it's a laptop  ;)

anyway I spoke too fast in my previous posts, and I spoke too fast twice  ::) don't know what I was thinking of, writing to the persistence cache on or off didn't mean much as the cache was already created from a previous full scan. Anyway there's still a gain between 5 and 15 degrees compared to before (I can tell now because I had to reinstall AIS for other reasons - see posts above), and there's still the possibility to run a full scan without writing data to the persistence cache at all and keep temps really low, which wasn't obvious before either. Again I wouldn't care if it wasn't laptop, as there are so many ways to keep the temps low in a desktop PC (fans, water cooling etc...). I got the full scan running at the moment and on an area where it was showing 85°C it now shows 72°C, so, considering the type of hardware, I'm really satisfied now.

edit: adding...the max temp admitted on quad cores for instance (like a Q6600) is about 70°C. My mobile T3400 (dual-core) has a max temp of 100°C.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:01:27 AM by Logos »

pinnacle

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »
It is working like a charm updated over version 418 no glitches so far.

MiguelAngelXP

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2010, 03:38:41 AM »
Installed a minute ago without issues to report

Regards
Miguel Angel

galooma

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
I have just tried to run firefox virtualised and for whatever reason just cant get the window to appear with a red border. nor can I get IE or firefox to appear as programs that always run as virtualised even though I have tried to enter them several times, as soon as I click OK to confirm my selections they dissappear.

If this is still under development thats ok , no biggie

gdiloren

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2010, 06:38:59 AM »
 >:( I am crazed about AVAST because it "hardly" installs on my computer and when it does so it behaves so weirdly I have to uninstall it right away!!! ::) No kidding, after reading Polonus http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56523.0 (Malekal report) I was convinced I was wrong in considering Web Shield in AVAST as faulty. May be I did not realize fully how it is supposed to work. So I gave AVAST FREE 5.0 a new try. After a couple of reboots (I don't need to go into that with the competition) I finally installed it. I even put ONLINE ARMOR PREMIUM on learning mode to make sure nothing was interfering (I don't need to do that with the competition). Weirdly enough, I shut down my computer on that evening with AVAST running fine with optimum settings. Didn't touch the PC for 24 hours.  Next day or 24 hours, I could not use my computer anymore. My desktop was frozen after a while and anyway when I started a program and trying to shut off RESIDENT only froze to death AVAST. In competition they don't tell you to replace computer's parts or OS etc... It just works fine first shot!!! :o Tried REPAIR in control panel, not worth it. :P
So it's frustration and disillusion for ME. :'(
May be I'll just stop reading this forum now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:52:42 AM by gdiloren »

alghorabaaa

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »
What about arabic language, when it will be available?

s4u

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
Program runs fine. Smoothly.
maybe dumb question but where can I find the access keys?

dabeniao

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »
Program runs fine. Smoothly.
maybe dumb question but where can I find the access keys?
Try press "Alt" in the user interface, this feature works great on my laptop.

s4u

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
Nice feature , thanks :D

laroc

Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [5.0.447] ***
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
VLK

After Avast tells me it has successfully Installed Ver 5.0.418 on my Vista laptop up comes the message " the application has failed to start because its side-by -side configuration is incorrect"
Nobody yet has provided me with an answer why, so I am back to good old reliable 4.8 possibly for eternity.

You kindly asked me to install the Visual C++ files from Microsoft.
I did this and ran into yet more problems - they fail to install because of Error 1935 HRESULT 0x80073712
This time a Vista problem
KB Knowledge Base gives multiple complex fixes one being install Vista SP1 ( I am still on the original OEM ver)
Strange I read this somewhere before SP1 was required for Avast ver5 on a Google search ?

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »
I have just tried to run firefox virtualised and for whatever reason just cant get the window to appear with a red border. nor can I get IE or firefox to appear as programs that always run as virtualised even though I have tried to enter them several times, as soon as I click OK to confirm my selections they dissappear.

If this is still under development thats ok , no biggie

Hi Cloussau :)

Virtualisation is also broken for me with this release, and it is confirmed by Logos and sded.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )