Author Topic: Win7 Taskbar resets  (Read 1848 times)

shiinto

Win7 Taskbar resets
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:07:24 AM »
Hello.
First of all some information about my system:
- I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, up to date.
- I currently use avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.418 (but this error appeared also while I was using version 4.xx, which I uninstalled because of this problem)
- I don't use any custom Themes/Skins for Windows or any related programs that manipulate the Windows Theme.

The Problem lies in the following:
I've got my Desktop Icons deactivated, because i like my Desktops free of them.
Instead, I use an additional Iconbar inside of the Taskbar, which I enlarged first, to show the Desktop Icons. Like in "Example 1"

Example 1

Since I've been using avast Antivirus, the Desktop-Iconbar disappears frequently after booting up Windows 7, leaving me with an enlarged taskbar. See "Example 2"

Example 2

...so that I always have to set up the Desktop Iconbar. This is pretty nerve-racking, in the long term.
This does not happen after every boot-up, but it's close to always.

I can say with good confidence, that this problem has its roots in avast Antivirus, because it disappears after uninstalling avast and appears after installing avast +restarting Windows.

I already asked about this problem in the german support-forum, but despite their efforts, they could not help me.

I would really appreciate a solution for this (although this is a rare-case-problem, i guess), because i love the new Avast 5 and I truly favour it before competing products of other companies.

Best regards.
shiinto
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:10:18 AM by shiinto »