Author Topic: "Virtualized" app windows not maximizing correctly on screen  (Read 2576 times)

Offline bassoprofundo

"Virtualized" app windows not maximizing correctly on screen
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »
Hello all,

A search of the forums didn't reveal a thread on this issue, so here goes...

I'm having an issue with any apps that I choose to "Run Virtualized" using this feature in Avast Pro 5.  When I attempt to maximize the window of an app that is running in the virtualized mode, the expanded window is partially obscured by the windows start menu as pictured below (bottom left window is primary monitor).

When the app running is not in virtualized mode, it works as it should as shown below

Also, if I attempt to maximize a virtualized app window on any of my secondary displays, it maximizes on my primary monitor as shown in the first picture rather than expanding to fill the current monitor's desktop (i.e.- The app completely relocates itself). 

Perhaps this is an issue with the way that the virtualized mode places the red border around affected app windows???  This is a MAJOR annoyance keeping me from being able to use this feature.  I could probably work around the issue of going behind the start menu by manually resizing the window, but the inability to maximize on secondary displays makes the feature unusable.

Hermite15

Re: "Virtualized" app windows not maximizing correctly on screen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
2800 x 1800, hey, nice thread for those on dial-up  ;D ... not my case but some here might complain  ;)

for your issue try two things:
1 send your taskbar to where it belongs, the bottom edge of your screen
2 deactivate the red border for virtualized apps in avast settings, it's only a source of problems.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 05:43:35 PM »
thanks for your post, I'll need check taskbar position and multi-monitor displays...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:12:58 PM »
pk, remember that I'm still on this on my Windows 7 and IE8 for instance.
Notebook with 1440x900 resolution.
The best things in life are free.