Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88377 times)

mieko

AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« on: March 06, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »
I am one extremely angry customer !!!!

Back in November i bought Avast Professional 10 Pack 1 Year Licence for my machines at home.. I've only used a couple licenses but that's beside the point.

About month and a half later there was that big fuck up by avast sending out the update causing bunch of programs to show up
as false positives which turned out to be a complete cock-up and it completely screwed up one of my machines.

Fine... Avast fucks up and screws up my machine.  I'll just re-install the OS when i have some time and take care of it.

Well i finally got some time and re-did my machine, installed Windows 7 this time and go grab Avast Professional again.

Install avast grab my licence.dat try to get it going.

Nope.... "Licence is not valid"   What the fuck !!!!!!! When did 4 1/2 months equal a year ?????

So i go to log in to avast to get another copy of my licence... Nope cannot log in.. My User & Pass not accepted !

WHAT !!!!!!!!!

So i click to get another password sent to my e-mail....

NOPE !!!!!!!!!!!  NOTHING FROM AVAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a e-mail to customer support demanding an answer.

NOPE !!!!!!!!!

2 fucking days later not a single peep.

As far as i'm concerned i've thrown away $150 away on a licence.

I know that you fuckers at avast clearly don't give a shit about your customers and i've got all rights to be completely pissed off at you.

If software screws up, you deal with it and move on...

In this case there's no moving on since Avast has effectively stolen money out of my pocket for selling licences that don't work any more.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »
I am really sorry for you troubles, hopefully the support team will catch up soon, but besides that your personal style reminds me a South Park movie.

petusalem

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
It should be license.avastlic, NOT license.dat for AV Pro. Right?

alghorabaaa

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:46:11 AM »
Yap, it is ( license.avastlic )

It should be license.avastlic, NOT license.dat for AV Pro. Right?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:43:26 AM »
mieko, in January, avast upgraded to version 5 which uses a new licensing model.
You will need a new license file to use with v5.

In order to get it, please follow these 3 easy steps:

1. open your existing license file in Notepad
2. go to http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php, fill in the email address you used for purchase, the avast license key which you can find in the license file you opened in step 1, and the verification code
3. hit the "Resend license" button.

In a few moments, you should receive a new license file (called license.avastlic) which you can simply insert to avast v5 (e.g. by double-clicking the file, if avast 5 is already installed on that machine).

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
I am really sorry for you troubles, hopefully the support team will catch up soon, but besides that your personal style reminds me a South Park movie.

mieko needs my help.  ;D

Mikos

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
I am one extremely angry customer !!!!

Back in November i bought Avast Professional 10 Pack 1 Year Licence for my machines at home.. I've only used a couple licenses but that's beside the point.

About month and a half later there was that big fuck up by avast sending out the update causing bunch of programs to show up
as false positives which turned out to be a complete cock-up and it completely screwed up one of my machines.

Fine... Avast fucks up and screws up my machine.  I'll just re-install the OS when i have some time and take care of it.

Well i finally got some time and re-did my machine, installed Windows 7 this time and go grab Avast Professional again.

Install avast grab my licence.dat try to get it going.

Nope.... "Licence is not valid"   What the fuck !!!!!!! When did 4 1/2 months equal a year ?????

So i go to log in to avast to get another copy of my licence... Nope cannot log in.. My User & Pass not accepted !

WHAT !!!!!!!!!

So i click to get another password sent to my e-mail....

NOPE !!!!!!!!!!!  NOTHING FROM AVAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a e-mail to customer support demanding an answer.

NOPE !!!!!!!!!

2 fucking days later not a single peep.

As far as i'm concerned i've thrown away $150 away on a licence.

I know that you fuckers at avast clearly don't give a shit about your customers and i've got all rights to be completely pissed off at you.

If software screws up, you deal with it and move on...

In this case there's no moving on since Avast has effectively stolen money out of my pocket for selling licences that don't work any more.

I understand you have a problem with your Avast Pro license. And you have every right to demand what is due from Alwil. I am pretty sure Alwil will take care of this just like what they have done in the past.

On the other hand though, must we use the F word? The way we post is an extension of who we are as a person...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:46:01 PM by Mikos »

Offline Gandalf1369

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »
Not sure if any of us can offer the kind of help he needs . . . . .  ;D
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

JoeBlack40

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
Doesn't matter what kind of problems occurs,to use such a language on a VERY FRIENDLY AND AWSOME FORUM is just a disgrace...it just shows the real level of intelect of a person...shame,shame...nuff said.

Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »
Doesn't matter what kind of problems occurs,to use such a language on a VERY FRIENDLY AND AWSOME FORUM is just a disgrace...it just shows the real level of intelect of a person...shame,shame...nuff said.

Yes, congratulations to the Mods who nevertheless managed to stay friendly. :)

alghorabaaa

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
I agree

anjandavid

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
yes,

you are absolutely right.

what a SWEET language he/she used!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:18:05 PM by anjandavid »

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
Not sure if any of us can offer the kind of help he needs . . . . .  ;D

Well, I know that I'm not licensed to dispense medication. ::)
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

pinnacle

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
Hmmm..... ;D

Black Swan

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
Bad Day mieko??  ???