Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88380 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
Regardless of how aggrieved the OP feels the use of the language on a forum open to all including children doesn't help his case.

Perhaps his first port of call should have been the forums where they have been given the information on how to hopefully resolve his problem within a few hours.

I guess we will now have to wait for the OP's response if Vlk's suggestion has resolved their problem, presumably that won't be as long as they waited increasing their blood pressure accordingly.

####
I think we should now leave this topic be and await the OP's response.
####
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
God bless

Stran05

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »
Does'nt seem friendly, does he. ;) Isn't there any rule against such bad use of language? Whatever be the problem, you should never cross the line of discipline on a respected forum like this.  >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
Look guys, lets give it a rest and leave it in the hands of the original poster to respond.

If they don't the topic will die a natural death they have had the opportunity to respond (rather than constantly be brought to the top of the topics list by additional posts).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

db213307

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »
I am having the same problem but with avast 4 home, just without the tourettes issue.  I my system was crippled by some av.exe malware and I had to restore system. 

mieko

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 04:01:33 AM »
Thank you for your assistance...

However it did nothing.

Immediately i got the E-mail:

"Dear customer,

thank you for your recent purchase of avast! antivirus software. The
attached file is your license for avast5.

Best regards,
the avast! team"

But guess what.... No attached licence !!!!

Did it again... Nothing.

I'm still pissed off and all you other "holier than thou" jerks that want to pass judgement on me you can shove it.
I'm the one who's been wronged and i WANTED someone from Avast to ACTUALLY respond since i still have not
gotten ANY reply from support or requests for password renewal for site access.

mieko, in January, avast upgraded to version 5 which uses a new licensing model.
You will need a new license file to use with v5.

In order to get it, please follow these 3 easy steps:

1. open your existing license file in Notepad
2. go to http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php, fill in the email address you used for purchase, the avast license key which you can find in the license file you opened in step 1, and the verification code
3. hit the "Resend license" button.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 05:14:32 AM »
mieko, if you have license as you say, then you will receive a license from Alwil

Did you provide them with the same email address as when you purchased yr license?
Same terms and conditions will provide as with that transaction agreement.

Why would Alwil bother to thieve off you? They wouldn't.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

pinnacle

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:04 AM »
Do not fret mieko. I have Alwil  under secret surveilance. Ssssh!!!! I'm in deep cover they do not suspect a thing.. UTE...OW...OOPS!!. Darn there goes months of being able to infiltrate the Evangelists forum. Honestly  after voicing your displeasure here and with all the Avast team frequenting the forum . I would think it will be an easy fix.

mieko

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »
What's your "if you say" bullshit... I bought 10 1yr licences  in November as i say at the beginning of the thread if you can't read...
And if you also can't read above, i said i got e-mail saying "here's your new licence" but no licence was attached...

And what i can see in your sig your using a Free Version of Avast so where the hell so you get off saying anything since you
didn't spend a friggin dime...whereas i spent $134 for a licence that has become useless after  3 1/2 months.

mieko, if you have license as you say, then you will receive a license from Alwil

Did you provide them with the same email address as when you purchased yr license?
Same terms and conditions will provide as with that transaction agreement.

Why would Alwil bother to thieve off you? They wouldn't.

YoKenny

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »
Maybe you should check your yahoo.co.jp email  ???

mieko

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
You know.. i've been sitting here with my yahoo japan account open and nothing !!!
Now after 5 days of waiting for a single response from support and getting nothing , i've submitted another 15 tickets with the same
message.. Whether any of them will be answered is still to be seen...
AND i submitted ANOTHER request for my login info to be re-sent and NOTHING !!!!!!

And to think i suggested this software to my clients... i feel like a complete moron for doing so.

Maybe you should check your yahoo.co.jp email  ???

mieko

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »
Well if there is Avast team members here my order number was: element 5 order no. 304543565
And licence file # ALWIL Software License File: 20956289

So tell me AVAST people why you refuse to reply to support questions, lock me out of logging in and selling a product that for me has become
useless on no fault of my own.

AND for record this was the Avast cockup that screwed up my pc...
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=377

Barely 2 week after buying licence......

Do not fret mieko. I have Alwil  under secret surveilance. Ssssh!!!! I'm in deep cover they do not suspect a thing.. UTE...OW...OOPS!!. Darn there goes months of being able to infiltrate the Evangelists forum. Honestly  after voicing your displeasure here and with all the Avast team frequenting the forum . I would think it will be an easy fix.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:35:47 PM by mieko »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »

why can you not follow this instruction mieko?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56636.msg477698#msg477698

is there some problem that re-occurs when you try the procedure that Vlk has advised?

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

mieko

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »
I DID THAT IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE MY REPLY TO VLK........

I GET A "THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING LICENCE, HERE'S YOUR NEW LICENCE" E-MAIL BUT NO NO NO NO NO ATTACHED LICENCE.

NO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY E-MAIL.

I DID IT LIKE 6 TIMES AND GOT THE SAME FUCKING THING.

I'M EVEN MORE PISSED OFF AT THESE REPLIES MORE OR LESS STATING I CAN'T SEEM TO READ A RESPONSE WITH
A SUGGESTION AND DO IT....

WELL I DID IT AND REPLIED AS SUCH.

why can you not follow this instruction mieko?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56636.msg477698#msg477698

is there some problem that re-occurs when you try the procedure that Vlk has advised?

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
Well I'm afraid we cannot help you in this forum further than we already have.

You talk like someone who has had crack license.

All element 5 does is put you through to Alwil website. They have no jurisdiction to sell license.
have you tried to re-run yr 1 year licenses for avast 4.8 using avast 4.8 as yr antivirus?
then you are still protected for the interim.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:25:23 AM by mkis »