Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88758 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »
It's also possible that your e-mail (or ISP) provider or e-mail client is trashing teh attachement...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

mieko

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
I've been using the same e-mail account for over 11 years now and i just tested it to see whether
it was ok and it was fine.  I did find i would still download 4.8 so i've gone back to using that for
now.

It will do i guess till December then i'll probably go back to Kapersky since Avast's customer service
utterly atrocious since after 6 days now i'm still waiting on a reply to my emergency status message.

The support page says this is where Avast tech support people are supposed to help but there seems
to be more avast asslickers (not you RejZor) than company employees who want to blame the client than the company.

It's also possible that your e-mail (or ISP) provider or e-mail client is trashing teh attachement...

pbombart

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »
I do think it is a problem of a e-mail software or ISP blocking attachment, I must say if this person is so angry, I do think that sometimes, to be polite is better than raging out !!

:-X

You shouldn't show your serial here.  ;D

It might get blacklisted....

Just a doubt

Do you know how to download attachment from your email?

You might have not seen it

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »
@mieko: Dude calm down!I don't know what is your intention but let me warn you!Stop putting rubbish in this forum.
You are someone who need help and should ask people gently not as like people owe you something.We are only home users who are here to help you but you are the one who is making the situation become more difficult.
If the problem is that you really bought 10 license of 1 year from avast then you would have been able to get the license if not then of course you won't get it.

Shiw Liang!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:08:34 PM by igor »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
With all the curses, it's rather hard to say what exactly is the problem you have - at least I somehow can't easily find the information in your posts.

So, you have a license file and the program wouldn't accept it (if yes, please upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming), or do you have only the plain text e-mail body (in that case, copy&pasting the part from (including)
#--------------
# ALWIL Software license file

up to the final "ASWSignA" into a new file... should give you a valid license file.

mieko

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »
Looks like they deleted my licence file from my last post. It's not my e-mail as i just tested it with a test e-mail w/ attachment
couple minutes ago..  Of course i'm angry.. It's bad enough Avast screwed my pc so i had to re-do my pc, it's worse that the licence
i paid for cannot be used with the new version and not getting any help from official support channels.

But what's even worse is having little jerks like "mkis" saying shit like "why can't you follow instruction" or even worse " sounds like you're using cracked software" when i've provided confirmation i did the suggested remedy or provided proof for any company person that i paid for my licence..  That's just like throwing gasoline on a fire...

The fact is i used the free avast on and off for a few years and when i decide to actually pay for multiple licences it all goes wrong..

I do think it is a problem of a e-mail software or ISP blocking attachment, I must say if this person is so angry, I do think that sometimes, to be polite is better than raging out !!

:-X

You shouldn't show your serial here.  ;D

It might get blacklisted....

Just a doubt

Do you know how to download attachment from your email?

You might have not seen it

mieko

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »
Warn me... Warn me what !!!!!  It's bullshit comment like this from jerks like you that's pissing me off.
it's clear you don't actually read what i have written and the replies to the bs comments i've taken.

@mieko: Dude calm down!I don't know what is your intention but let me warn you!Stop putting rubbish in this forum.
You are someone who need help and should ask people gently not as like people owe you something.We are only home users who are here to help you but you are the one who is making the situation become more difficult.
If the problem is that you really bought 10 license of 1 year from avast then you would have been able to get the license if not then of course you won't get it.

Shiw Liang!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:28:20 PM by mieko »

mieko

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
That's the thing...

I've posted the problem multiple times now and everything i've done.. yet it seems the only thing avast lovers can see
is the rant and not the problem.

I tried to post the text of my licence here a little while ago but it was yanked almost immediately.

My order # again is: element 5 order number: 304543565
My software # again is: ALWIL Software License File: 20956289

So any Avast Employee can immediately see if they look it up that i have a valid licence.

With all the curses, it's rather hard to say what exactly is the problem you have - at least I somehow can't easily find the information in your posts.

So, you have a license file and the program wouldn't accept it (if yes, please upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming), or do you have only the plain text e-mail body (in that case, copy&pasting the part from (including)
#--------------
# ALWIL Software license file

up to the final "ASWSignA" into a new file... should give you a valid license file.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
So, can you answer my question?

mieko

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »
I guess have to break this down simply for you.

November 16 2009-  Bought 10 1 year licences.

December 3 2009-   This Avast cockup totally screwed one of my PC's:
                             http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=377

March 3th 2010-      -Finally had time to re-install OS (Win 7 64bit) and re-install Avast.
                            -Download new version of avast and install.
                            -Go to insert my licence and it fails saying it's not valid
                            -Go to element 5 site to log in to get another licence. Log in blocked for some odd reason.
                            -Click to have password re-sent to my e-mail... Nothing
                            -Go to Avast Support and submit a Emergency Ticket for assistance. ( To this date i still have not
                             received a reply from offical support.

March 6th 2010        -After days for waiting on official support and getting nothing i open my post here.
                             - VLK posts that i need to have my existing licence converted to a version 5 and to use the link he
                               provided.
                             - Tried to use the provided link, submitted my information and got "here's new licence" e-mail but
                                no attachment.
                             - There is nothing wrong with the e-mail account.

March 6-10 2010       -Multiple attempts to get replies from Offical Support, request new password for log in to order info,
                               using resend licence page.. All failing.

-i've posted my order & licence info on this thread several times so if actual Avast employees were
                                here they could speak up on the issue. nothing

March 10th 2010        -Posted text copy of my licence showing additional proof but was pulled immediately.

Is that simply put for you ?

So, can you answer my question?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:14:40 PM by mieko »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »

mieko

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »

The point being ???  Now that i have posted concise timeline of the problem and steps taken
and you make a snide post with a old Python skit insinuating that i actually am looking to argue.

I think that's the real problem... This board really isn't for support, it's for avast fanboys to
get off on how wonderful they think this software is.

Because the fact is that i have made civil responses to actual posts directed at me but
you fanboys only seem to see the rant and attack with more snide comments or fail to actually
see the information and steps i've taken and say "duh... I still don't know what your problem is"

Argument Clinic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y .......

petusalem

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
There are some paying customers out there indeed...

But looking forum posts here, made by avast fanboys...there is no place for critic, suggestions etc. This forum is full of wackos or kids... :-*

You made thousands of posts and use avast free...you are not a God still.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Well, again... simple question, and a complicated answer with a lot of irrelevant stuff (which must have taken a while to type).

So, I'll repeat the question, and make it also simpler for you: do you have the license file (the one that the program refuses to accept, while it worked previously)?
If yes, please upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
Maybe i should have said that i am sorry that this tread have turned in to an Argument Clinic....
I have not made any comment`s about who`s fault that is......

You made thousands of posts and use avast free...you are not a God still.

I use avast internet security.....my signatur is not updated
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:54:02 PM by Pondus »