Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88378 times)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
To petusalem :)

I am also a paying customer like Mieko, but that doesn't mean I don't have to behave myself ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

bong2x

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
 ;D

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
What's with all the off-topic posts ? All you guys are doing is making a long thread even longer and it's not helping the OP at all. Just let Igor do his job.

@mieko: Please follow Igor's instructions and just ignore everybody else that is not a part of the alwil crew. Hope you get your problem resolved soon and i am sure you will if you just follow Igor's instructions. I apologize for another off-topic post but i had to say something. Good luck ! :)

bong2x

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
 ;) maybe his awake now, forum can help technically but his prob is in sale dept. we cannot do anything about it. just for him to contact the sales  dept. ;)

mieko

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
Ok... txt file has been ftp'ed.

Well, again... simple question, and a complicated answer with a lot of irrelevant stuff (which must have taken a while to type).

So, I'll repeat the question, and make it also simpler for you: do you have the license file (the one that the program refuses to accept, while it worked previously)?
If yes, please upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
I really don't see any problem here anymore. igor nicely requested him to send his license file to ALWIL server. Anyone with valid license wouldn't hesistate to do that and clear the issue in no time.
Pretty much anyone from ALWIL (that usually means Vlk or igor) has direct access to licensing data, so following their directions is a smart thing to quickly resolve problems.

EDIT:
I see you just did what igor requested...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

petusalem

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »
RejZoR

You are God too?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I'm Good, but i don' know if i should be God.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

mieko

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
I guess i wished Igor or VLK saw this thread the 1st day and had me ftp the licence file instead of induring snide and insinuating comments (ie: sounds like you're using cracked software) which is going to infuriate me further.. I pretty much championed Avast to my clients and last year purchased 100 licences on their behalf and to have this happen complicates things since if anything does cockup with my clients and it's due to avast and can't upgrade knowing the licences will not work or is a pain to get renewed licences then how does that look...

Pretty much Official Customer Service has failed, Igor may get around to looking at my licence and forward i new one... Who knows. But the fact of the matter is that as
a paying customer (both for myself and on behalf of clients) the service (the lack of) pretty much means once the licences have expired i'll move myself & my clients back to Kapersky.

I really don't see any problem here anymore. igor nicely requested him to send his license file to ALWIL server. Anyone with valid license wouldn't hesistate to do that and clear the issue in no time.
Pretty much anyone from ALWIL (that usually means Vlk or igor) has direct access to licensing data, so following their directions is a smart thing to quickly resolve problems.

EDIT:
I see you just did what igor requested...

YoKenny

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
Sorry to see you go but there are plenty more happy avast! users to replace you.

French-Canadian perchance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMN4U1FMNM
Been to Newfoundland yet?
Ever seen a fish?

mieko

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
Not Franco but ... Tabernac to you asshole

Sorry to see you go but there are plenty more happy avast! users to replace you.

French-Canadian perchance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMN4U1FMNM
Been to Newfoundland yet?
Ever seen a fish?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
Okay, come on guys, stop it now.

The OP is angry, and he's got a reason.
I don't like his language and his insulting posts as well, but some others have cheered him on.
So, let the Alwil people, e.g. Igor, sort it out, since only they can help.
Nobody else can.

I'm sure that they will find a way to compensate his inconveniences if the fault is on Alwils side.

So calm down everybody.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

mieko

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
As i've stated before i've been civil to people who are helpful and i WILL respond to jerks with the vehemence that's deserved.
My opening post may have been over the top but the fact is that i have a legit issue and getting stonewalled by service and jeered here.

Your right though... The only person that can resolve this right now is Igor since i did ftp my licence and will wait to hear from him
as the rest of you seem to get off on getting a rise out of me (excluding you Zyndstoff).

Okay, come on guys, stop it now.

The OP is angry, and he's got a reason.
I don't like his language and his insulting posts as well, but some others have cheered him on.
So, let the Alwil people, e.g. Igor, sort it out, since only they can help.
Nobody else can.

I'm sure that they will find a way to compensate his inconveniences if the fault is on Alwils side.

So calm down everybody.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:19:14 PM by mieko »

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »
Mieko, I'm a bad German.  ;D

Okay, nice to hear you talking calmly to me. I understand you are upset since it has been some time you are in trouble.
I know the guys around here, and I assure you that they normally don't react in such a manner - you started your posts in a rather aggressive way as I must admit.
But let's now all keep calm. To err is human.

I'm sure Igor will help you, just give him a little time to sort everything out.

Thx + good luck
Zyndstoff
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hermite15

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »
Mieko, I'm a bad German.  ;D

und jetzt Otto  8) ... bald haben wir die Nibelungen und Siegfried  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:28:35 PM by Logos »