Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88814 times)

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
 ;D Logos... since you added a "aka Wilhelm der Zweite" I had to do something...

::)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hermite15

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »
I removed it; read my last post here again, I edited it  ;)

Mikos

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »
I DID THAT IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE MY REPLY TO VLK........

I GET A "THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING LICENCE, HERE'S YOUR NEW LICENCE" E-MAIL BUT NO NO NO NO NO ATTACHED LICENCE.

NO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY E-MAIL.

I DID IT LIKE 6 TIMES AND GOT THE SAME FUCKING THING.

I'M EVEN MORE PISSED OFF AT THESE REPLIES MORE OR LESS STATING I CAN'T SEEM TO READ A RESPONSE WITH
A SUGGESTION AND DO IT....

WELL I DID IT AND REPLIED AS SUCH.

why can you not follow this instruction mieko?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56636.msg477698#msg477698

is there some problem that re-occurs when you try the procedure that Vlk has advised?

Wow... You really are educated.

And do not wonder if people do not even bother with you. While you have a problem, your penchant to use foul language and insulting remarks deter people from even caring about your concern. You are probably worse in person. Sorry but I really find your post very offending. And for the most part, I will complain about your posting manner.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:43:18 PM by Mikos »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
@ petusalem - who have you ever helped buddy?

@ meiko - here are a few comments I put to you that seemed to be fair enough at the time.
I dont have all day to spend on  on person's problems for their free benefit.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56636.msg479055#msg479055
- I need know what problem re-occurs - probably the most common means to sorting a communication issue.

Well I'm afraid we cannot help you in this forum further than we already have - but u keep demanding we do

You talk like someone who has had crack license - I try bluff  ;D - my apologies mieko, I run out of ideas

All element 5 does is put you through to Alwil website. They have no jurisdiction to sell license.
- I have share-it account for I cannot remember how long

have you tried to re-run yr 1 year licenses for avast 4.8 using avast 4.8 as yr antivirus?
then you are still protected for the interim
- you followed my advice and it was to yr benefit
- protection from infection is what we provide here., unfortunately we got sidetracked - again, apologies

mieko, we never know what it is with the persons computer that is not working but would be different if we were actually there with them to troubleshoot problem. However, we need work remotely (from a distance), and what is often the outcome is through the communication the person sorts out the problem themself, which is best way to do things - the person themself is our greatest resource that we can work with. You have not been entirely an innocent party when it comes to breakdown in communication.

like I say we never know what is wit the person's computer without asking questions. I have problem now wit client who pays for my time - service their antivirus is just part of what I do, but an issue has arisen with avast that does not replicate on my computer. If I was person who used that computer all the time I would know quicker why this issue has arisen, but I dont know, and the least I can do is make effort to work in same environment as my clients who can run all sorts of freewares - so when they explain to me, I can understand them. I have learn much about problems wit these freewares on avast forum. Stick around and find out for yrself. If client call in professional who work on big budget systems, they lost on these little home and personal PCs wit the erratic usage they get put under. They don't have any idea about thinking that applies at user application level, for users who cannot afford time and money to get school only to interrupt their education (Marshall McLuhan). In my experience, avast is the only antivirus brand that adequately caters for these kinds of people. Norton gave up on home computers years ago, you can never trust avg again after avg7, my friend says why does Trendmicro always ask me to do a scan so it will fix my computer doh!, he say when he do scan, nothing was actual wrong, doh! Trendmicro, doh! etc, etc.... avast is their friend, end of story.

btw - December 3 2009-   This Avast cockup totally screwed one of my PC's:
                             http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=377

I ran this issue through two identical computers running avast wit different softwares but same problem so that I could write up documentation for my users so they understand what happens when you delete files rather than send them to virus chest. Same scenario as what screwed up yr computers. But I didn't have to repair either computer, just re-install some programs because, other than Windows installer, issue was mostly / totally confined to Program Files (Programs and Features). There should have been no major damage to yr computers. As far as I know I took screwup to the limit and no major damage.

Anyways meiko, stick around forum, I've learn heaps about real life computer problems here that dont learn at the Academy.

Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

coolsilver

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2010, 10:02:38 PM »
The way I see it....

If someone wants to be a constant pain to help... drop them. I mean someone is looking for help and being a pain and then when you lend a hand they continue and attempt to pull you into conflict? Makes you really doubt if it is worth the time or trouble.

The title alone is enough to deter my help. If they have a large problem with avast they can work that dispute out themselves. If they want help in solving a issue or get a technical answer then fine. Claiming avast robbed you blind is just absurd and far from the truth as many know and can plainly see Avast does what they can to make customers happy with their product.

It is one thing to be upset and portray that, another to claim they stole your money and then coming back to kick you in the shin or kidnapped your family, or worse yet committed murder. It's this kind of extreme exaggeration and outright idea that the worse you make it sound will get you that much more sympathy and support... just doesn't work.

It doesn't help when others counterattack. But, I suppose people feel they have a point to prove.  :-\

In the end I hope the matter becomes resolved soon.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:04:22 PM by coolsilver »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:40 PM »
I think is routine coolsilver. have to just keep working on it. We are all human, make mistakes, fall down get up again. Happens to me, through this I feel part of kinship and exchange. And this is even more so when consider multiplicity of possibilities with computers and communications. Have to keep working at it, and so much happier place when situations become resolved.

Lowenstein - "Automatic control mechanisms, especially when they are critically set and highly sensitive, are able to oscillate quite violently at times between correction, over-correction, counter-correction, and so on. The engineer calls this 'hunting'".

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

anothermack

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »
Hope Mieko gets a solution.

Sorry for this off topic topic but I noticed some very nationalistic feelings earlier on.
In case it would help someone to kick somebody's ass I am volunteering.
I am Belgian and therefore my proudness can not be hurt. I got none.

(don't get any funny ideas about any kinky stuff.  That would be going too far)

brgds
mack
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:00:40 PM by anothermack »

anothermack

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »
Sorry, I changed my mind. Kick Logos's ass. Him being French and all.

brgds
mack

Hermite15

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:26 PM »

brgds
mack

or I'll kick yours, until you finally accept the annexation (you're the only one left not asking for it  ;) )

YoKenny

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »

brgds
mack

Logos needs to understand English better but he would prefer everybody convert to French.

Hermite15

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »

brgds
mack

Logos needs to understand English better but he would prefer everybody convert to French.

Oh again...
can you give us an explanation, and/or a demonstration, if you're able to do it at all... I mean, besides being an awful j**k, you may have qualities, I'm still looking for them. You're a bloody nationalist and a xenophobe (how many times already did you mention I was French?), hiding constantly behind a bad sense of humor and stupid jokes you're the only one to find funny, you're an extreme coward, how can you give lessons to anyone? You're a bitter person, you probably hate yourself more than you'll ever be able to hate the others, I wouldn't even advise you to get a life because I don't consider you a human being  ::) What do you expect, pity ?  ;D

spg SCOTT

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2010, 12:10:15 AM »
What was the OP's name again? I can't find their posts anymore because of this off topic bickering...

PLEASE CAN ALL OF THE OFF TOPIC POSTS STOP AND LET IGOR ETC. HELP WITH THE ISSUE.

This just makes it harder for the real help to be done...

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:16 AM »
meiko abused forum and alwil hard, Scott.

But yes you are right. I'm outta here.  :)

Antarctica

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2010, 12:19:59 AM »
I must say I am really surprise by the tone of this thread. I've been lurking for many years the Avast Forum and my impression was that it
was a "friendly Forum".

Wonder after that why we have war on earth. ???

EntitY

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:24 AM »
If the OP did anything, he called out every Fanboy in the house.