Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88779 times)

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 05:01:46 AM »
@meiko:lol what do you think people are doing here ;D ?
They are here to help you lol!
Hahahaha maybe not all but some ;D

mieko

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »
I just find it odd all of this activity occurred after i said that i would just wait and see if Igor will assist now after i submitted the licence file.
There's no point in saying anything else since people only looked at the rant and didn't bother to actually read what i actually wrote to the people who ACTUALLY tried to help like VLK & Igor being the two.

Know people will read this post and try to read some hidden rant or vile language and flame this response.

The thing that does annoy me though (Oh boy people flame me now) is that on the avast site it point the client here for technical support (Since the actual customer support doesn't exist), so why isn't there a specific forum that are manned by Avast/Awil employee rather than this open forum where lets face it there's more fanboys and  bystanders than actual support team which then lends to outright attacks if the product is put under question.

Because if that was the case my issue could have been solved in a couple posts..

-Need new licence.. Use resend licence page.

- nope doesn't work.

- Ok, send me the licence.

-Ok.. Here it is.

-Yep. your licence is fine. I'll manually send you a new licence.

-Great. Thank you every much for your assistance.

Not the utter free for all that went on... My anger was evident  but was only directed at those here who made insinuations or insults themselves NOT towards the helpful people.

Of course there will be a bunch more users who will not actually bother to read anything but the initial rant and attack this post as well.

So be it.. The fact i've caught the attention of a actual support person and submitted my licence to and awaiting a response is all i really wanted.

I'm sure you guys can now go back to saying how evil of a person i am and attack this post as well.

Stran05

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »
I really understand why mieko is angry here. We have been making fun of him from Day 1 which is utterly frustrated by feeling that Alwil has cheated him. Only one question I have to ask, why don't we leave what we can't handle. Really bieng cheated and then bieng discouraged is the worst thing to happen to anyone. I am not saying that Alwil has literally cheated him, but this thread has almost destroyed my impression for this forum as a "Nice and friendly" forum. This is the most insulting thread I have seen in this forum and many of your posts have even enraged the mieko. Please let the one's who can help to help him. I understand your frustration and I sorry for how you have been treated. Though I am not an Avast fanboy, all I can say that Avast is a respectable company and there is reason for their delay to help you.

anjandavid

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 09:50:53 AM »
Does'nt seem friendly, does he. ;) Isn't there any rule against such bad use of language? Whatever be the problem, you should never cross the line of discipline on a respected forum like this.  >:(

???????

Stran05

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 10:02:48 AM »
 I had just said that because of the atrocious use of language by the author of this thread. Now I understand the reason for his frustration.

Offline Snagglegrain

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:34 AM »
this thread has almost destroyed my impression for this forum as a "Nice and friendly" forum. This is the most insulting thread I have seen in this forum
I see a lot of big egos on the loose around here.  People trying to live up to some sort of weird forum persona they have constructed for themselves.  There's a real negative vibe coming off of these types.

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »
guys, stop posting unrelated stuff here.. each OT post makes this thread closer to be locked (it should already be done IMO)... almost all of you probably can't remember why we're here.. that's sad :-\

rambo1940

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
For goodness sake.
Somebody close this thread
Thank you

Mele20

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
Why does Avast allow this sort of junk in their forum?  I haven't been here in awhile and I am really struck by the differences in what is allowed here (anything evidently) and what is allowed in the Avira forum where I have been a regular poster for over three years.

"The thing that does annoy me though (Oh boy people flame me now) is that on the avast site it point the client here for technical support (Since the actual customer support doesn't exist), so why isn't there a specific forum that are manned by Avast/Awil employee rather than this open forum where lets face it there's more fanboys and  bystanders than actual support team which then lends to outright attacks if the product is put under question." Posted by meiko the OP

"meiko abused forum and alwil hard, Scott"

"Abused" the forum and alwil? You have got to be kidding me. Posted by mkis

Half the posters in this thread would never be allowed Community member status at Avira forums. They would be confined to only being able to start a thread and post in it but not be allowed to post in other threads. At Avira forums, you must EARN the right to be a Community member by showing that you can be responsible and helpful and keep your ego under control.

Maybe Avast should consider such a policy as the only offense by the OP here was a bit too much use of foul language in his first post but even that was understandable given the circumstances. Most of the responses here were neither friendly nor helpful and most were insulting. What is this forum for if not friendly help? If some of the posters in this thread had managed to earlier get Community member status at Avira forums (due to carefully following all rules of the forum) and they then acted like they have here, they would find themselves permanently stripped of their community status with no explanation and no appeal possible.

If this forum is Avast's sole help then it needs to focus on helping not on member's egos.  It should not allow members to run wild as evidenced in this thread.  I don't recall even having to read and formally agree (and reagree every so many months) to this forum's Code of Conduct before being allowed to post here or even read the forum like is required at Avira.  Avira forums had fights and blowhards in their forums (mostly on the German side though) and that was why they instituted strict rules and it has worked pretty well. I had thought perhaps Avira forums too strict but after this thread I wish Avast would adopt a similar policy and enforce it.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
mieko, you began this whole fiasco with the opening words  "Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS!!".

Then you deliberately set to exasperate the very person who is helping you now - Igor

Now you are trying to cuddle up to Vlk and Igor as if to elevate some make-believe triumvirate of your own choosing, whereby you three - now in consort - are some kind of elite faction that stand above the common and non-deserving aspirations of us mere bunglers.

You need to understand that this thread is the exception not the rule in this forum - you have greedily tried to make yourself the centre of attention amidst an environment where there are many, many other people also legitimately requesting the attention of forum members who you have so callously tried to put down,

Take a search around other forums - you would have lucky to make it past your opening post.

@ Stran05 - same to you - a lot of the members are accustomed to each others personas, thru their time spent here helping other people to sort out issues with their computers - expect that some is tongue in cheek and some is putdown freely as you would a friend who has annoyed you. Stick around and participate, contribute, or just view, and you will see that responding to requests is what this forum is all about.

@ Snagglegrain - dont expect that members cannot see thru their online personas, and that only you can. You should have been here long enough and contributed equally enough to see this. Is that you on the sax? - sorry uncalled for, I just made an ass of myself.   :)

Its all ch*ckensh*t when members start to ham things up. But they all down to the fixit business again instantly once their attention has not been triggered by an out of the ordinary request such as mieko has chosen to escalate.

@ Mele20 - you gotta be kidding - are you blind or something, please go back to start and read through - and PM me please and we will carry this matter on away from the forum - your assertions mean absolutely nothing, when you compare persons who have been helped through the free speaking nature of this forum. Its the newbies like you who are attempting to squeeze some advantage out of what is a complete exception to the regular business of the forum. Of course mieko abused forum members and alwil. It is the very nature of the forum that means that his request is still being attended to. And the unnamed product posing - you been nowhere buddy.

sorry Maxx, I just make idiot of myself to salve my bruise ego. I'm happy if you lock or delete thread.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:30:13 AM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Sesame

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
so why isn't there a specific forum that are manned by Avast/Awil employee rather than this open forum
It would require human resource, which inevitably end up with large cost.  The bill would most likely to go to the end-users, means, it would be piled up on the price.  So, instead, Alwil lets the end-users help each other.  These people are not professionals but volunteers.  However, if you read some other threads, you will find quite many people, if not all of them, come back with their issues solved.  Some of these people who had helped most are Avast! Free users and I guess its their way to "pay" back to Alwil for their service, which is how the community works.

However, especially about the license issue, there is almost nothing can be done by those who are not working at Alwil.  So, basically, after noticing its license issue, the forum users should have left the thread to Alwil employees or direct the OP, or you, in this case, to the contact list to the customer support.  The problem is that, your language had attracted the attention of a lot of forum users including even those who don't write here often (check their post counts).  This is called the broken window theory.  They have done what they shouldn't have done but, IMHO, if you had come here with more friendly tone, the story would have been different.  In any case, this thread can be a good example of blaming each other would increase problems rather than decreasing them.   :'(

Probably, nobody including the OP wouldn't mind this thread being closed.  IMHO, this thread should have been closed much earlier.  Now this thread is like a broken window...I wonder if this thread has positive effect.  Offering the OP with another way to communicate with the employees would suffice.  I'll vote for locking this thread, too.

As for the complaints about license, some North American payed users have complained of late replies, which I suspect the time difference plays a role in it.

Stran05

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Let me inform you that I am a Community Member of the Avira Support Forum. I had to work my way upto the status by following strict rules and having the positive frame of mind to help the one's who need my assistance. What Mele20 has said is absolutely right. Avira would have straight away locked or deleted a thread like this and in that forum no newbie can post in other's threads. Only a Community Member or moderator can do that to help others. I agree with Mele20 that Avira's Forum policy and rules are much strict than this forum. Mele20 is also a respected Community Member and I have high regards for him. No thread with such foul language as this one can stay at the Avira Support Forum. I assure you that.

bong2x

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »
will this side of the forum may the bad side, ;D but it is required in the world the good and the bad must be balanced. yin and young,
will guys its all finish maybe problem solve ;D
so you all guys stop posting here including me :-X :o ;D 8)
remember everybody that the saddest man in the world is the man who knows nothing but money!
this is the money matters! ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
I still haven't closed this thread just because it turned into an interesting psychology game.
And I think that once the people who post here realize they are playing that game, they will not like it and the thread will soon fall down the list on its own...

Of course, the main thing is that the OP's problem is now being taken care of... my guess is that he will like avast after all - although it may take some time. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Sesame

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »
I still haven't closed this thread just because it turned into an interesting psychology game.
And I think that once the people who post here realize they are playing that game, they will not like it and the thread will soon fall down the list on its own...
Are you saying that since the state of this thread is brought from rather baseless psychological issue rather than core factual problems, it will end with it?  I haven't come across with such a way of thinking.  I had reported this thread to the moderator but...I think you are right.