Author Topic: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!  (Read 88757 times)

coolsilver

Re: AVAST ARE THIEVING BASTARDS !!!!
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
I'd say support and quality has always been a priority. I suppose some things get overlooked or just not as intended.

Something to learn from. :D

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:12 AM »
 ??? ??? silly crackers used to post like that, but i admit there was something authentic about mieko. As well, have to respect a man who stands up for what is his. No way he was going home empty-handed .  :)  But i dont feel sorry for him he's a businessman and so is Mr Steckler. I imagine most of the paid accounts have been upgraded by now. The security suite is looking like a good package.

@ Stran05 - a Fake AV pops out of nowhere and tells you that yr system is iinfected. I got one once from the NY times or mabye it was Washington Post, it was quite publicised at the time. I think I had all my protections running, it just suddenly materialised on my screen - I backed out deleting/canceling as I went and turned the computer off. There were lots of popups. When back I scheduled a scan in Safe Mode.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

mieko

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2010, 10:18:15 AM »
I actually wandered back curious and didn't expect this thread to still be going.

Mr Vince.

I started by sending a e-mail to support@avast.com as listed and waited a day and got no reply.

Then i found the support site where you submit tickets. I did submit a ticket and waited nearly 2 days without a reply.

Then i got fed up and sat there for 20 minutes submitting the same ticket in hopes of getting some response
and i got nothing except that all the tickets i did put in all disappeared and the same message was consolidated
into  the original message.

That message didn't get answered for nearly six days until when Igor took care of the problem.

So when i used the ticket system it was used twice. 1st time no answer after 2 days.
Used second time in span of 20 minutes and no reply for nearly six days.

Suffice to say there is a major problem there especially when i did submit "emergency" tickets and put my
order number in the header to distinguish i was a paying client.

Mieko,

Hopefully the last word here. I am the CEO here at Avast/Alwil.  I have been lurking here watching this thread and also checking into the issue.   While I do not agree with a lot of what was said here (especially the language and of course the title of the whole thread), you did have a very valid issue.  Now, you did have a family pack license and an issue with converting it.  As Igor says, that problem probably has its roots in an email client or spam filter somewhere. But the fact remains you did not get support from our support team when you should have. I do apologize for that.

We have looked into why that happened and the explanation is a bit interesting/revealing. Our support queue works on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis. Right now we have about a 24 hour turnaround on support tickets.  Unfortunately, you were raising the ticket about twice every day.  Each time you re-submitted, you went to the back of the queue.  This went on for many days. Thus it took many days for your ticket to be answered--basically until a day passed without a ticket from you. Now, it would be better if our system were smarter and notice that your messages had not been replied to.  But it is not.  We will try and figure out how to change the system but it may not be easy.

As others can tell, we believe in pretty open communications.  We do not attempt to censor this forum or our blogs--even when folks are negative about us.  We do not plan on changing the philosophy. We do of course hope that folks will not flame others, use abusive language, abuse our volunteer moderators, or abuse the other users here that are just trying to help. We think that this approach is much better than the controlled environments that one sees in other forums.  Of course, its success also depends on us all treating each other with respect.

So, as someone famous once said, "All's well that ends well".  I thank you Mieko for bearing with us....and I thank everyone else on this thread for their passion.

Cheers,

Vince

A note to the Avast Bigwigs though... You guys REALLY need to improve your official customer support services. If a paying client submits
a valid emergency ticket it REALLY SHOULD NOT take 6 days to get a response. Or at least have a phone number for customer service so
clients can get service as my problems probably could have been solved immediately without the brewing frustration.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:19:52 AM by mieko »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
Hi mieko

Obviously they are looking at the working system to see how improvements can be implemented

Now, it would be better if our system were smarter and notice that your messages had not been replied to.  But it is not.  We will try and figure out how to change the system but it may not be easy.

We have also been discussing the mishap in our members corner as well, and looking at what might be gained from the experience. Along with other things not directly related to your issue, which was just one of many things that were happening at the time. Many members did not participate in that thread, but there was a fair mix - old and young, experienced and newbs. It generally pays to consult the forum on reasonably regular basis when you take up avast license, even if only lurking / keeping an eye on things like Mr Vince. Lots of members read only because breaking news will often happen here first. Also, some post here because problems like yr one are open to view, and so often acted upon quicker. Well, you saw for yrself how quick the response. And fair enough, alwil made special case to make up for yr inconvenience. Including Mr Steckler who was vice president at Symantec (Japan and Asia Pacific, then Worldwide consumer sales) before taking the post up with Alwil Software. We are in good hands.

I hope yr avast 5 installs are going through okay. Regards, Mark.

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

YoKenny

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2010, 04:09:40 PM »
@ mkis

For your information about Mr Steckler:
Welcome and Why I Joined Avast
http://blog.avast.com/2009/07/20/welcome-and-why-i-joined-avast

@ mieko

I hope that you see that this is a great forum and the support here is terrific.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2010, 05:06:08 PM »
yep I picked up on that last July. But thanks Yokenny, I did read it again. Good idea to post the link.  :)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »
I deeply respect peoples right of Free Speech....Netizens included....

But swearing and using foul language are not respected because psychologically it is a sign of weakness..... not strength....

Who is a netizen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netizen

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights have 30 articles but I have only mentioned 10

Article 1.

* All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.

* Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3.

* Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.

* No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5.

* No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 6.

* Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

Article 7.

* All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 8.

* Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.

Article 9.

* No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 10.

* Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

Read More

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Take Care!

hayc59

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
Just my 2 cents on forum decorum
and why this thread should be closed and move
on!!  ;)
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56636.msg479823#msg479823
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:57:00 PM by hayc59 »

balane78

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
My 2 cents :
Maybe using rude language is an option to get attention ?

YoKenny

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »
on!!  ;)

+1

@ balane78

Its a sure sign of evolution:

balane78

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »
on!!  ;)

+1

@ balane78

Its a sure sign of evolution:
In my view evolution of a company is to listen to users problem. Too complicated maybe ?

twl845

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »
My 2 cents :
Maybe using rude language is an option to get attention ?
The squeeky gear gets the oil.

Mele20

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
@ mkis

For your information about Mr Steckler:
Welcome and Why I Joined Avast
http://blog.avast.com/2009/07/20/welcome-and-why-i-joined-avast

Thank you YoKenny for that link!  I have seen some of Mr. Steckler's more recent blogs but not that one. That was enlightening and I appreciate being pointed to it. :)

pete319

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
Mieko,

Hopefully the last word here. I am the CEO here at Avast/Alwil.  I have been lurking here watching this thread and also checking into the issue.   While I do not agree with a lot of what was said here (especially the language and of course the title of the whole thread), you did have a very valid issue.  Now, you did have a family pack license and an issue with converting it.  As Igor says, that problem probably has its roots in an email client or spam filter somewhere. But the fact remains you did not get support from our support team when you should have. I do apologize for that.

We have looked into why that happened and the explanation is a bit interesting/revealing. Our support queue works on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis. Right now we have about a 24 hour turnaround on support tickets.  Unfortunately, you were raising the ticket about twice every day.  Each time you re-submitted, you went to the back of the queue.  This went on for many days. Thus it took many days for your ticket to be answered--basically until a day passed without a ticket from you. Now, it would be better if our system were smarter and notice that your messages had not been replied to.  But it is not.  We will try and figure out how to change the system but it may not be easy.

As others can tell, we believe in pretty open communications.  We do not attempt to censor this forum or our blogs--even when folks are negative about us.  We do not plan on changing the philosophy. We do of course hope that folks will not flame others, use abusive language, abuse our volunteer moderators, or abuse the other users here that are just trying to help. We think that this approach is much better than the controlled environments that one sees in other forums.  Of course, its success also depends on us all treating each other with respect.

So, as someone famous once said, "All's well that ends well".  I thank you Mieko for bearing with us....and I thank everyone else on this thread for their passion.

Cheers,

Vince

Hi

I read the above with interest, here is my experience with Support Centre.

I sent a ticket after 3 days got a closed in status
Sent a reply asking why it was closed, got no reply after 1 day.
Sent a different ticket, but mainly about what i originally sent, was merged with first ticket?? After 6 days,  In status there was solved.
Have sent a reply asking why solved in status 2 days ago.

My support i needed was nothing critical, but i am at a loss, how a support ticket can be "closed, and Solved" with no feed back what so ever to the person who sent the Support ticket.

Original was sent on the 26 of Feb and now it is the 15 of March. Still no reply from Support Centre.

Maybe there is more important things for Alwil to attend to, but i am very disappointed with how how my ticket has been handled. Makes me feel as a nobody.

Sorry for Rambling is how  i feel

bong2x

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
 :o yokenny  ??? still believe in human evolution  ??? is not true because if it is true you cannot see any monkey today because it now human. i love to assume that we are come from the dinosaur because you cannot see dinosaur for today  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D