Author Topic: Free Avast IS, version 5.0.462 Questions  (Read 2361 times)

T.C

Free Avast IS, version 5.0.462 Questions
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
I have posted this elsewhere, and have not recieved any responses.  So I have to assume I was in the wrong place.  Hopefully, I will receive some help here.

First let me say, this will be a several part question, and I'm not sure where to put it all.  SO hopefully no one will be mad if every question does not pertain directly to the free version.

I recently installed Avast Home trial on my Win 7 PC.  I had originally wanted to install Avast on my WHS, upgrade the Win 7 machine when the trial period expires, and hopefully eventually install it on my other 3 PCs. However, the lack of support is REALLY making me reconsider this.

1- Which multi-license version do I need that will work on both the WHS and the PCs?  Or do I need 2 different versions?

2- How do I install Avast on the WHS ?

3- How do I open the firewall ports in Avast to allow my x-box 360 to communicate with Windows Media Center on the Win 7 machine?  When I first istalled Avast, everything worked fine...it was an easy set up.  However, after a recent update, now the xbox 360 will not connect to WMC.  It will connect to the computer, but not WMC.

Update on question 3:  I finally figured out how to open up ports for svchost.exe, and ehshell.exe, but I can't figure out how to open ports for mcrmgr. exe and mcx2prov.exe.  I cannot find those programs listed anywhere to add them to the "application rules" to allow the Xbox to communicate with WMC.  Am I missing something ?

Thanks !!!!

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Free Avast IS, version 5.0.462 Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
You may wait for an answer here :)
Or else post your problems or questions here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=18.0

T.C

Re: Free Avast IS, version 5.0.462 Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 12:50:17 AM »
I've already posted on that forum......several days ago, and got NO response.  That's why I came to this one.