Author Topic: Avast 5 WebShield slowing down your web surfing?  (Read 134710 times)

silviucc

Re: Avast 5 WebShield slowing down your web surfing?
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
Ok I missed the part with comodo using different download servers. I have redone my testing and the results are like this file downloaded with WS on 1.7MB/s and 2.32MB with WS off.

I'm thinking about setting up a webserver on a vm and try to test.

Also I would like to ask, does WS do some *in the cloud* scan to possibly take advantage of new signatures that may have not yet been released as update ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
Also I would like to ask, does WS do some *in the cloud* scan to possibly take advantage of new signatures that may have not yet been released as update ?
No. All scannings are local.
The best things in life are free.

awd1963

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
I am not using any kind of speed test.  It is pretty obvious that Avast whether it is web shield or something else in Avast is slowing down and/or stopping programs/websites from completely loading.  No nothing it popping up to warn me that this is a threat for example.   I watch a lot of TV online and during the commercials or during the TV show, it will just stop.  Also when I load pages like redbox.com it takes forever to get the page to load.  I just turn off all 7 shields and boom it downloads in seconds.  When it is done downloading I turn it back on and it works fine for a while.  I am currently using Avast 5.0.594