Author Topic: Issue..  (Read 6331 times)

Wex

Issue..
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
No proxy, port 80 and version 5. Tried free av and now trialing new pre-release version for av pro but no change..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Issue..
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »
Wex... I've lost your original thread. I think it's better use just one thread and not start another for the same issue.
The best things in life are free.

Wex

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »
Really, I tried 2 times to write there, it wouldn't let me and then it write new topic. Just nevermind, no avast working for me.

Sesame

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »
Really, I tried 2 times to write there, it wouldn't let me and then it write new topic. Just nevermind, no avast working for me.
Wasn't it only WebShield?  Have you tried the proxy setting I wrote in the original thread?
Although this is not a fundamental solution, but could you set IE or FF HTTP proxy to 127.0.0.1:12080?

Of course, the final decision is yours but if it is just a matter of WS, why not give it a try?

Wex

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
Although this is not a fundamental solution, but could you set IE or FF HTTP proxy to 127.0.0.1:12080?

Tried, not working. Wait.. I just remembered something.. It worked with some beta build at start and stopped working when restarted windows. But it was beta then.

Edit: I have try avast free av version 5 with my wifes computer also and ws didnt work either with her pc. She has windows xp professional. Maybe it's 'cos my magic fingers?  Eh.. ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:29:35 PM by Wex »

Sesame

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
Tried, not working. Wait.. I just remembered something.. It worked with some beta build at start and stopped working when restarted windows. But it was beta then.

Edit: I have try avast free av version 5 with my wifes computer also and ws didnt work either with her pc. She has windows xp professional. Maybe it's 'cos my magic fingers?  Eh.. ;)
This is really getting odd...  I thought there was a slight chance that your configuration might have been messed up somehow when I was reading the first part of your reply but, even your wife's computer...???  Sorry, but I'm completely out of wit...  :P

Wex

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
This is really getting odd...  I thought there was a slight chance that your configuration might have been messed up somehow when I was reading the first part of your reply but, even your wife's computer...???  Sorry, but I'm completely out of wit...  :P

Yep so there is nothing to do, right? :(

Wex

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
Alright guys, now I know where the problem is. I have ad muncher ad blocker installed, shut it down and then ws works ;) I'm using ad muncher via proxy, took proxy off but ws wont work. Have to shut down whole ad muncher and then avast ws works.. And I don't see any options etc. how to make ad muncher and avast ws works together. Any suggestions ? :)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
Hi Wex,

Try adding the admuncher executable to the WebShield.ini

Open:

C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\webshield.ini

in notepad. (ProgramData is a hidden folder)

add (under [WebScanner]):

OptinProcess=admuncherexecutable.exe

Close this and answer yes to the self defense prompt.

It may take a restart of the web shield to get it to work, I am not too sure.

-Scott-

[Just in case] By admuncherexecutable.exe, I mean the exe that admuncher runs under. ;)

Sesame

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
Alright guys, now I know where the problem is. I have ad muncher ad blocker installed, shut it down and then ws works ;) I'm using ad muncher via proxy, took proxy off but ws wont work. Have to shut down whole ad muncher and then avast ws works.. And I don't see any options etc. how to make ad muncher and avast ws works together. Any suggestions ? :)
I'm bunging my head on my desk...   :-[  Since you wrote you were not novice, I thought you had at least a way to monitor your traffics, which is my excuse.  For your Win7 system, please follow the steps given by spg SCOTT.  The exact name of AdMuncher executable is AdMunch.exe, which makes the line is "OptinProcess=AdMunch.exe" (Without "", of course).

I presume your wife's computer has AdMuncher, too.  :P  Scott's instruction is for Win7/Vista.  In XP system, you'll find WebShield.ini file under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\webshield.ini.  The other things should be the same.  Means, Open webshield.ini with NotePad and under [WebScanner], put the line "OptinProcess=AdMunch.exe" (Without "", of course) and save.  You need to reboot (Stop and Start) WebShield to make the command work.

Wex

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
Hi Wex,

Try adding the admuncher executable to the WebShield.ini

Open:

C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\webshield.ini

in notepad. (ProgramData is a hidden folder)

add (under [WebScanner]):

OptinProcess=admuncherexecutable.exe

Close this and answer yes to the self defense prompt.

It may take a restart of the web shield to get it to work, I am not too sure.

-Scott-

[Just in case] By admuncherexecutable.exe, I mean the exe that admuncher runs under. ;)

Had to do it in safe mode but can't get it work, and it's admunch.exe but .... result is the same.

Sesame

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:16 PM »
Had to do it in safe mode but can't get it work, and it's admunch.exe but .... result is the same.
That's again, odd.  Actually, I don't have Win7 system.  So, could you take a look at this thread?  Copy & Pasting the content of webshield.ini file may help...

Wex

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
That's again, odd.  Actually, I don't have Win7 system.  So, could you take a look at this thread?  Copy & Pasting the content of webshield.ini file may help...

Nice thanks, starting notepad administrator and type only OptinProcess=admunch.exe  works :) detection rate with avast is ... but this still fits great, thanks.

Sesame

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »
You are welcome.  Congrats on making it work finally.  ;)

Mongol

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:02:50 AM »
Edited the webshield.ini with the above command and finally got ADMuncher working with Avast. Fantastic... 8)