Author Topic: New build of avast (5.0.462) now officially released  (Read 113922 times)

Josegua

Re: New build of avast (5.0.462) now officially released
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »
Thanks but of repairing installation already I did it and the problem persist. I have just seen this
 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57986.0
 and  I am not the only one with this problem  independently of if I use avast free or pro. It is a problem of avast, sorry for the inconveniences of the image and thanks for your help. In my two pcs i have the same problems, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x86

edit: after the update 100406-0, I did a rapid scanning and deep other one and everything returns to be ok. Thank you avast!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:41:54 PM by Josegua »

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
Yes Josegua, I have read the thread. Thank you for yr patience. I hope all goes well from now on.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

BlueCobalt

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
I bought Avast! 5 Pro a month ago, registered it with the key and was well pleased, 4.8 had been running slow.  The Maintenance panel showed the expiration date two years in the future, as it should.  But on April 4 my Avast! announced that it was not running and a little investigation revealed the license was not valid (error 00000002). Also there is a summary.txt file in the Setup folder stating the same thing.  Task Manager shows the AvastSetup.exe process starts briefly then goes away.
I emailed support@avast.com, no response yet.
I tried inserting the license file with the same results. (00000002)
On this forum I found the /resend-lic.php which rapidly returned a license file, compatible with managed network distribution,that returns the same error.

Funny thing, the version in the Maintenance view states build 5.0.462, which supposedly addresses this issue.

Dell laptop Windows XP Pro SP3

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
Hello BlueCobalt

If what you say is true (...bought avast! 5Pro a month ago...), then seems like you have been running in trial mode.
When the trial period concludes, then you will experience the effects that you describe as occurring from April 4.

Now yr license should be in a file called License.avastlic, which you download upon receipt of yr online payment
- see screenshot below of my avastlic file in the folder I created for my avast Pro

You may instead have activated the trial module which you need to do for it to work in trial mode.
- though I am not saying that you did.

Registration is a different procedure
- whereby I was directed to double-click my avastlic file and this enabled my license to be registered.

did you go through a similar procedure?

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

BlueCobalt

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
mkis, thanks for your reply.   I have researched the knowlegebase and studied various methods for installing the license but in all cases it returns the notice "License.avastlic is not a valid license file."  Method A: Maintenance>Insert license>browse>[browse window directed to license.avastlic]>[click "Open"]  Method B: Browse to your license file and double-click it. Opening the file in either way renders the 00000002 error "not a valid license file."

I have read the file with Notepad and it contains all the appropriate information.  I hesitate to post it publicly but would be pleased to email it to you for your study.

As for running in trial mode, the Maintenance panel had previously shown I was good until 2012, which makes me think it was not trial mode.  The dates in the license are in a format we can't readily decipher, but the unciphered license period is spelled out March 8, 2012.  Also, the trouble began after 25 days of use, not 30, with no reminders.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »
Yes you have followed procedure correctly.

I cannot really help much further. From what I gather, all should be in order, but something out of the normal has happened.
Does the module still run? What I mean is - Is this impeding the run of yr resident antivirus as well? If so, then a matter of urgency.

Since license is valid you could uninstall / re-install the module and try registering once again - I suppose you've already tried this.
Someone from avast should be monitoring this thread, so perhaps some action soon.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Why are you guys using avast! 5 and not version 6.0.1119? Avast! fixed all the glitches.
I think you need to read the date of the threads before you reply to them as this one is from 13 months ago  ::)

pcclean3453

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
Why are you guys using avast! 5 and not version 6.0.1119? Avast! fixed all the glitches.
I think you need to read the date of the threads before you reply to them as this one is from 13 months ago  ::)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D