Author Topic: after latest update, avast screwed up my acdsee install  (Read 3551 times)

merk

after latest update, avast screwed up my acdsee install
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:01:45 AM »
avast suddenly reported my acdsee install was a virus and automatically moved a file into the virus chest (thanks for doing that automatically and not asking me what to do <-- sarcasm).

when i try to restore it. avast locks up.
i had to turn off all the shields and then try to restore it, but it appears avast did something with another file since now acdsee says sehllintmgr31.dll is missing - where'd it go? it's not listed in the virus chest

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: after latest update, avast screwed up my acdsee install
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »
ACDSee is garbage :P Did this happen during installation of ACDSee? If yes, you'll have to re-install it because the installation was interrupted. Also don't forget to send the file that was falsely detected to ALWIL so they can fix it.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

merk

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
nope - acdsee has been installed on this pc for a while now. haven't made any changes to it or installed any updates to it. Just avast suddenly decided it was a trojan or more specifically, win32:malware-gen

The file acdsee keeps flagging is acdseeqv.exe
Also, why is that avast puts just this one file in the virus chest but when i try to run acdsee it's telling me that a file is missing - ShellIntMgr31.dll ?

since you think acdsee is crap and since avast mucked it up anyhow - what do you recommend for a picture viewer?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:50:19 AM by merk »

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:54:28 AM »
IrfanView
 ;)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear