Author Topic: Need help resolving license issue  (Read 3191 times)

KenW

Need help resolving license issue
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:24:56 AM »
I've been using Avast 4.8 on my home computers for a couple of years, and on my Windows Home Server computer as well. Recently, my home computers started alerting me that my subscription was about to run out (true), so I used the functionality built into the client to buy a new 2 year license for 3 computers, expecting that I'd get a license for version 4.8. The license file delivered is for Avast 5.0 however, and can't be installed in Avast 4.8. Over a week ago, I submitted a support ticket describing the situation and mentioning that as I have and use Avast for Windows Home Server as well, I need to keep 4.8 on my home computers for compatibility reasons. 5 business days (effectively a full week) after my initial request, I received a reply telling me I should stay with Avast 4.8. No further help has been forthcoming.

So my question is: What do I have to do to get this resolved?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Need help resolving license issue
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:00:01 PM »
Try contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com and see if you can get them to send the 4.8 license file.

The latest version of 5.0.462, just released today I believe is able to communicate with WHS http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56770.0

So that may be an option, something you can talk to sales about anyway.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security