Author Topic: ADNM deployment of avast & outlook start up error (ashoutxt.dll)  (Read 10794 times)

lber08

Hi, I've just got ADNM working and thankfully before rolling the install package out to the entire network, i build a test pc to use initially. The package deployed successfully, and i then rolled the package out to on user on the live LAN. The package deployed ok, and after rebooting, she opened outlook 2003 (on an XP box) and immediately was given the following...
the add in  program files\alwil software\avast4\ashoutxt.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using detect & repair on the help menu.

I did run the detect and repair, and it made no difference. Obviously with circa 100 pc's to deploy this to, i don't really want to be wandering around offices fixing this issue.

I have noted from a earlier search, that someone suggested changing the SMTP login details, but am not sure if that is the issue i have.

lber08

Re: ADNM deployment of avast & outlook start up error (ashoutxt.dll)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
Update.....

deleting the extend.dat file cured the problem, but i guess i should deploy only to a few machines at a time, else i will be doing a lot of walking!

minnarky

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:09:49 PM »
Hi, I've noticed this happens when I install the managed client on a pc that already had the professional client installed on it.
To resolve this just open outlook, click ok on the error message to clear it, then navigate to the add-ins management page (in 2003 this is tools - options - other - advanced - addins ) and deselect the avast plugin.
Close outlook and then reopen it.

This disables the "old" plugin and lets the new one that you just installed start.

grandpa_komarek

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:15:38 PM »
 ??? and, please, can anybody help me, step by step with the same problem, but concerning Outlook 2000?
did´t find add-ins management page over there.