Author Topic: New Avast-Tray-Icon is spoiling the Tray  (Read 20700 times)

twl845

Re: New Avast-Tray-Icon is spoiling the Tray
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 03:24:53 AM »
Okay... so here's one for you. I have XP sp3 and my avast Icon is grainy and terrible. What gives?

Version 5.0545
How can you see that an icon almost the size of the end of a pencil eraser is grainy?

I wouldn't classify that as grainy, it's more like corrupted.  :o

Dch48

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 05:41:08 AM »
I prefer the orange icon to the old blue one, it stands out better against the color of my system tray.

Toshizo

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
Hello, there

For the first time, I feel the need to change an icon, because of the colour.

Is there any way to change the colour of the tray icon?

I like the new version and, of course Orange is a great colour, except as a safety signal. 

Over the past centuries, white, green or blue have been standing for safety, while red and orange stand for "warning" and "danger".

Anyway I wonder in which folder these icons are and if they can be modified (= painted).

Thanks for your help.

SafeSurf

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
I personally like the orange.  But I ask those posters who dislike the orange color if they have seen the warning signs that avast gives on top of the orange ball with the red "X" and yellow triangle....would you be able to see this as well with a different colored ball? 

Yes Toshizo, red and yellow are warning signs and avast has given them out appropriately to tell you in the tool bar that there is a problem with avast. 

But if you were to change the color of the ball, you would need a color that would contrast the warning colors and a color that people who are color-blind can actually see (this rules out most of the green, blue, purple, and red colors).

But I'm sure avast has higher priority things to deal with now besides the color of their ball.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
No, it's not possible to change the color of the icon.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
The orange icon looks great on a dark theme..! ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
Hello Toshizo, welcome to the forums.

As already mentioned, we can't change the color of the tray icon. Orange is now new avast's symbol color.

----------------

To Windows 2000 users:

Very very late response, but if you want to solve tray-icon color issue, try to use this or similar software.

Colorful Tray (Win2k Tray Icon Color Upgrader)
http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/winnt/util/fh348228.html
*Download will automatically start.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Tgell

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »
I was wondering how much earlier Alexa Web Information has rights to the blue ball trademark before avast! came up with it. Or, did avast! use it first and did not register the trademark.

twl845

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »
After using Avast! for a few days you can teach yourself to accept the orange ball to stand for Avast!. It's not like the screen turns orange.  ;D

Toshizo

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »
Thank you guys for your kinds answers and suggestions. I didn't know about the trademark issue.

You're the hell of a team and that's the sipirit. After all, who cares about the colour, as long as we have the balls...

I already started re-educating my instinct of colours in order to build a culture free vision, at least of the task bar!

I just put a blue sticker on the icon for a few minutes and could not stand it any longer ;D
so I think I'll pull through soon enough.

Thanks a bunch.

Dannyboy

Re: New Avast-Tray-Icon
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
OK,

Understand it's a trademark issue. My problems with it are:

1) The old icon was relatively unobtrusive but when I needed it, it was there. Now it's always THERE. The activity animation was helpful but not obtrusive.

2) If Avast was disabled during the old "blue tray icon" days, the red circle/slash was an immediately noticeable change.

3) Now, the "disable" notifier is a little yellow triangle with a black "!". Poor contrast means not as immediately visible.

I just think a bit more thought about the graphic implications will be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: New Avast-Tray-Icon
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:32 PM »
1) The old icon was relatively unobtrusive but when I needed it, it was there. Now it's always THERE. The activity animation was helpful but not obtrusive.
2) If Avast was disabled during the old "blue tray icon" days, the red circle/slash was an immediately noticeable change.
3) Now, the "disable" notifier is a little yellow triangle with a black "!". Poor contrast means not as immediately visible.

1. Hide it...!
2. There's no big change for that...
3. Yellow means only some shields are deactivated.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0