Author Topic: how to install Avast SBS Server version on workstations  (Read 4770 times)

digigeek

how to install Avast SBS Server version on workstations
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »
- what am I missing?  i've installed the product (SBS Server version) on our windows 2003 server - now, how to roll-out to the workstations? ( i surprised that I can't even find information about this in the documentation).  do I simply install the same exe file?
- when i go to the download section for the SBS version, there is only one file to download???
thanks,
didigeek

p.s.  i'm a rookie with this product on servers - i've been very impressed with how it performs on workstations however, .... am having doubts....i.e.  i'm hearing their support is slow, etc.... ::)

studio_two

Re: how to install Avast SBS Server version on workstations
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »
Hello,

You need to install the "Management Console": http://www.avast.com/en-gb/distributed-network-manager

This provides a mechanism for deploying and maintaining avast on your various clients (this actually includes Workstations AND Servers).

Note: the management console itself can be installed onto a workstation or a server - whichever is more convenient for yourself.

HTH,
Stephen