Author Topic: Avast & firewall  (Read 3945 times)

PHFM

Avast & firewall
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:06:20 PM »
Eveing all,
I wasnt even aware that there was a forum here.
Let me intoroduce myself,I run a small Community radio station,I have also got a ham 'Amateur' radio ticket and I have downloaded EchoLink to be able to communicate via my PC as well as radio,BUT I am having heaps of problems with 'A' firewall between EchoLink & Avast.
I am unable to ackknowledge a return signal from the link back to my PC and even though I have 'port Forwarded I am still being stopped by the firewall.
I am seeking information on how to activate the firewall and how to make the Echolink/Avast talk to each other.
Any assistance will be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks heaps.
PHFM
Peak Hill NSW 2869
Aussie

Hermite15

Re: Avast & firewall
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »
Hi and welcome,

first do yourself a favor, remove any personal identification from your posts or sig on the forums. Then what tells you that Avast is interfering with Echolink? you're saying "a" firewall, if you didn't install any yourself, that's Windows firewall and access should be granted when you get alerted about an incoming connection from Echolink >>> it's probaly blocked. So just go to Windows firewall, check if there's already a rule for Echolink there and if it's blocked edit it and allow it. You can also delete this rule and wait until you're prompted again, then allow it from the alert.
 You're using Avast free, and it's got no firewall, so it can't block incoming connections. Just to make sure what version of Avast are you running, V4 or V5? also, what's your Operating System?

PHFM

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:54 PM »
Just tried to diable my email address and nothing happens.
I am using Mozilla Firefox and not Windows,BUT I shall ckheck with Windows and see if there is any regulations against Echolink..
I am currently using Avast Free 5

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »
Just tried to diable my email address and nothing happens.
I am using Mozilla Firefox and not Windows,BUT I shall ckheck with Windows and see if there is any regulations against Echolink..
I am currently using Avast Free 5

I was talking about that:

PHFM
Peak Hill NSW 2869
Aussie

Are you on Linux, MAC,what ? and you're running Avast5 on which version of Windows ???

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »
PHFM, your email address is now invisible to all other forum members (except moderators) but you.
Click on the image below, you will see how I see it.

Any other security software installed?
What firewall is in use?
What Operating System? (right click "my computer", select "properties", post the information under the "general" tab (which it should default to) under "system", skip the "registered to" and also post the performance info under "Computer".
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.