Author Topic: Minor issue: mouse click required to close results dialog?  (Read 2744 times)

JLJ

Minor issue: mouse click required to close results dialog?
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:30:39 PM »
Running avast! free 5.0.462 under XP Home SP3.  Working fine, however, after the program update from previous version, I find that hitting ENTER/RETURN does not close the filescan results dialog, which it used to. That is, selecting a file to scan from the Explorer context menu, scan runs, results window pops up, but the "Close" button is not highlighted/enabled by default, and ENTER/RETURN will not activate it -- the only way to close the popup is to mouse-click the button. This is minor but a PITA, since I'm 100% used to just pressing the ENTER/RETURN key and being done.

Is this something which has indeed been set this way -- or is it malfunctioning for me?  If deliberate, is there any way to restore a default enabling of the "Close" button in the context-scan results window?

THX JLJ

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Minor issue: mouse click required to close results dialog?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
I don't think it's deliberate... btw the Esc key works though, doesn't it?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »
Is it worth considering this as a future update to the settings, given that the screen didn't appear in 4.8 unless you checked the option to display the results. Perhaps now the display is automatic in version 5 it should have an option not to display it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
Alt then C also works, but is one more key to press ;D

-Scott-

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
Is it worth considering this as a future update to the settings, given that the screen didn't appear in 4.8 unless you checked the option to display the results. Perhaps now the display is automatic in version 5 it should have an option not to display it ?

Such a feature is already implemented IIRC but it didn't make it to the last program update yet...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »
Thanks, I'm sure that will make for some happy campers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

JLJ

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 01:22:56 AM »
ESC does indeed work. Still, I see no reason why "close" wouldn't best be enabled/selected by default, at least as long as the scan results are negative. Hey, even if it's just for me... make it so.