Author Topic: Real Time Shield  (Read 7757 times)

amyberta

Real Time Shield
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:12:23 AM »
I have Avast 5.0. Everytime I start my computer I get a warning that my real time shield isn't on. It takes awhile and then it finally comes on. Is there anything I can do, so that I don't get that warning.

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Real Time Shield
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
This is generally down to loading order in windows, which is a bit out of your control, but it can also be conflict with other security applications, slowing loading due to scanning.

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What other security based software do you have installed (including your firewall) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

amyberta

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »
HI David
This is generally down to loading order in windows, which is a bit out of your control, but it can also be conflict with other security applications, slowing loading due to scanning.

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What other security based software do you have installed (including your firewall

I had Norton, but went to add/remove and deleted it that way. I don't have any other anti viruses installed and I probably have a firewall on windows explorer.
Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:41:16 PM »
Norton is a real pig to get rid of, some viruses are easier to clean.
A link worth looking at, which is a program removal tool that can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
Or ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

###
Windows explorer isn't a firewall, but a file system browser/navigation tool. The OS after XP came with a firewall but XPs has no outbound protection, Vista and Win7s have outbound protection, but is disabled by default.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security