Author Topic: AVAST free,disappointment,P2P shield its unhelpful.  (Read 3905 times)

Cako

AVAST free,disappointment,P2P shield its unhelpful.
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
after days,after informing the error in the P2P shield, after months, now came to my great disappointment.
I was totally wrong,The error in the P2P shield still there,they dont fix this bug.
What happens is that, after several hours and scan P2P shield files avast begins intervene in the sound making problems when i listening music or videos from youtube.
Got it again, and this happens on two PCs
I think ALWIL has no interest in fix it.
avast has so many bugs end I've seen here in this forum many people switching antivirus, but i still want to continue with avast.
read the topic about the problem.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55601.0
After several hours and 140,447 files scanned,avast causes noises with sound every time he scans.
no matter the size of files,large or small,the sound issue continues.
Ridiculous and decepcionate.
I think ALWIL should change they developers.
look at the photo.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:45:02 PM by Cako »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: AVAST free,disappointment,P2P shield its unhelpful.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »

Or maybe cako should change his antivirus software?

Seriously. YES, scanning 60 files a second will have negative impact on the performance of your system. Yes, PC/Windows is not a realtime OS, so you may likely see sound dragging etc...

And?

As I said previously, you can either learn to live with it, OR disable/uninstall the P2P Shield, OR stop using P2P applications, OR replace avast with something else.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
i can't help myself and i must ask - is there really a necessity to make some phrases bold and underlined? no one here at Alwil has a problem with reading (and understanding) a text that makes sense at least a bit... your tabloid posting really can't help with anything ::)

generally - i'm not happy that you have some troubles with our product, but there are more meaningful ways of writing ;)

Cako

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »

Or maybe cako should change his antivirus software?

Seriously. YES, scanning 60 files a second will have negative impact on the performance of your system. Yes, PC/Windows is not a realtime OS, so you may likely see sound dragging etc...

And?

As I said previously, you can either learn to live with it, OR disable/uninstall the P2P Shield, OR stop using P2P applications, OR replace avast with something else.

Thanks
Vlk

Ok........ >:(
I said, no matter how many files the P2P shield scan,after several files that happens.
even with only 3 files as shown.
If I'm complaining, its just not only for me, its for everyone who does not know about this problem .
I'm will not change antivirus.
I will not use an older version.
I will not be satisfied with temporary repairs.
Its more easie request to change the antivirus OR fix this problem?
Sorry my insistence.
So there's no way to fix it, but in version 4.8 this bug does not exist.
Dont ask me to use o 4.8...
you seems a good guy,just do some test, try fix if you are a developer OR know some developer. :D
this issue its very annoying......
thanks and sorry if I'm being boring. :)

Cako

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
i can't help myself and i must ask - is there really a necessity to make some phrases bold and underlined? no one here at Alwil has a problem with reading (and understanding) a text that makes sense at least a bit... your tabloid posting really can't help with anything ::)

generally - i'm not happy that you have some troubles with our product, but there are more meaningful ways of writing ;)

do not be offended.

is only for who read understand me.
my English is very bad.
that's how I try to describe what happens.
sorry .... but this is my style.

Sparxx

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »

I guess you're kidding , how can Alwil fire it's developers when the developers are Alwil ... ROFL...LOL ...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:49:42 PM by Sparxx »