Author Topic: Quarantine problem  (Read 2220 times)

cvsa

Quarantine problem
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »
when i manually add a file (not recognized by avast!) to quarantine zone , i can still see it in its original folder : why ? shouldn't it be moved to quarantine and removed from its original folder ?  ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:27:15 PM by cvsa »

wonder

Re: Quarantine problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
Same problem here, I think it's a bug... ::)

cvsa

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
I also think that submission and quarantine option should be possible with a one-click button after a negative manual scan  8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
Well, [manual] adding of files into the Virus Chest does, uhm, exactly that, i.e. just adds the files to the Chest (they're not moved).
Generally, avast doesn't expose its heavy-weight cleaning capabilities (including raw disk I/O etc) to files that it doesn't detect as malware.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
Yes, as Vlk says, this is how it has always been, see this post referring to the same thing in 4.8 by DavidR

Quote from: DavidR
Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest (if it isn't already in the chest) where it can do no harm and send it from there. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so you will need to take further action and can remove/rename that.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53624.msg454855#msg454855