Author Topic: AIS firewall & webshield: connection lost when system resuming from sleep mode  (Read 2483 times)

Hermite15

just as it says, it doesn't happen anymore if I uninstall the firewall part of AIS, and happens again when I reinstall it. I got to wait 15/30 secs to get a connection when the system wakes up from sleep mode. Actually what's funny is that the connection itself seems OK for Windows (anything related to the network gives green light), but down for Firefox and Thunderbird ;D Sometimes the waiting isn't enough, I must disconnect and reconnect to my router for things to work again. I think the firewall  is the culprit somehow, although I can't show how. Again, the connection is there but is temporary down for browsing and getting mails.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:03:41 PM by Logos »

Hermite15

Re: AIS firewall: connection lost when system resuming from sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:40:48 PM »
as expected no feed back ::) I hear in other threads issues about the web shield...anyway I thought it was the firewall (from AIS), but it could well be the webshield...>>>>> no internet connection when resuming from sleep mode during about 30 seconds. The blocking comes from somewhere inside the system (yeah .... ??? ), the connection/adpater etc... is OK, and no internet ???

Hermite15

Re: AIS firewall: connection lost when system resuming from sleep mode
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
confirming the resuming from sleep mode issue with the web shield

Hermite15

just to add the when the connection isn't immediately lost when resuming from sleep mode it then happens about 15/20 seconds later, before working again ::)