Author Topic: newest update messes with macrium reflect  (Read 4421 times)

zfactor

newest update messes with macrium reflect
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:35:32 AM »
macrium reflect will no longer check for updates with the newest update of avast. tried on 4 computers. it will just say not responding and then finally you will have to end the program or it will crash windows explorer. this is with macrium .2409 version any thoughts???

sded

Re: newest update messes with macrium reflect
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:49:54 AM »
I can't get update to work either.  Sounds like something changed at Macrium (server down ?) vs Avast!-I don't have the firewall, and there is nothing in my OA firewall log being blocked.   Tried to get to Macrium Reflect Free directly; couldn't do that either.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:07:07 AM »
I can't reach http://www.macrium.com/
What's up with them?
The best things in life are free.

zfactor

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 03:47:58 AM »
yeah it was weird because i had literally just checked for updates for it. then avast updated and then i reopened it and i had forgot to check for updates to the winpe part so i went to check and it crashed. so then i tried to update the program itself and again macrium crashed. not sure what happend because as i said i had literally maybe 2 minutes before avast updated checked macrium for updates. seemed like it was related. has anyone tried from a non avast system just for the heck of it though i guess its not avast causing this now???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »
Why would avast block macrium updates, avast isn't a firewall unless you bought AIS.

So there is something else in the mix, perhaps its time to change the original posts title, since it seems unrelated to avast. As tech mentioned he can't reach macrium.com and currently I can't reach that web site using firefox or IE8 and that has nothing to do with it trying to obtain updates as I don't use macrium reflect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:47 AM »
i do use ais. i was simply saying i thought it was possibly a part of it but i guess not now. just was weird is all...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
Now I can reach the page... but I can't imagine why aren't you able to backup using Macrium ???
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
i do use ais. i was simply saying i thought it was possibly a part of it but i guess not now. just was weird is all...

It would have been nice if you mentioned that in your initial post, or do as many of us do and edit your profile to include signature information about your system.

That way when asking a question like this those seeking to help will know something of your system and its software or you have to repeat that information every time when you ask questions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 05:07:29 AM »
sorry will do. ill edit my profile tonight.. thanks

all is well now