Author Topic: Dumb question time...  (Read 4465 times)

straightwhiteteeth

Dumb question time...
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »
How do I register with aVast to receive program notifications and updates via e-mail.

There does not appear to be an obvious way to do this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Dumb question time...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »
You can't do it anymore. This service was dropped into avast 5 version.
Aren't you happy with avast automatic updates? Why?
The best things in life are free.

straightwhiteteeth

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
Hi Tech,

Thank-you for the reply.

aVast auto updates are fine but due to department policies, we do not auto update the client software due to issues we have with various appliactions we run. I was just hoping for a heads-up when a new version of client software is issued as well as notifications about new viruses. We still run most of our clients on version 4.8.1005 and I now believe there is a vulnerability in this version of client that has been rectified by version 4.8.1061. I only found this out by talking to my supplier. I also need to justify the upgrade to my organisation ( I have 8000 clients) so need to know what has changed by way of improvements between these two versions. This information does not appear to be available on the support page. Is there anywhere I can obtain this info.  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:38:15 PM by straightwhiteteeth »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »
I realize now that you're running the server version.
The version 5, as far I know, is not deployed automatically by the server version (yet).
Sorry, I'm just a PC user and don't know about the server version.

The version 5 has a lot of improvements over version 4.8 like automation, default scan tasks, scheduling, behavior blocker, new engine and virus definitions, new redesigned GUI, etc.
The best things in life are free.

straightwhiteteeth

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Hi Tech,

I am aware of version 5 and am running it on my home PC. However, the managed server version will only be available come June/July this year and is still currently in beta or so I believe.

We will upgrade to version 5 once all the bugs are ironed out.

wpn

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
PLANNED to be released around the summer time, dont count on it fully.... :)

maybe you can contact the sales department with this question, they should be able to inform you