Author Topic: Firewall blocks the internal network from home  (Read 3031 times)

Linkes

Firewall blocks the internal network from home
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
I have avast! Internet Security in micro main accesses the Internet, but blocks access to Internet :'( from another PC that is in the home network.

When I disable the avast, the network works and the other PC access  :o the Internet.

How do I set not to block the internal network? I tried to configure, but did not work,  :o still blocked.

thank you. :D

Linkes

Re: Firewall blocks the internal network from home
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 01:38:53 AM »
Nobody knows? ???

SimonG

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »
Hi Linkes,

Don't know if this is still an issue, but here my suggestion.

Your problem sounds firewall related to me.  After playing around choice of two fixes, one simple; one more involved.

Simple fix first.  Open Avast; goto Firewall tab / Firewall Settings sub-tab.  Change WORK ZONE to HOME ZONE, this should allow others on your network access to your pc.

The other fix involves changing the settings for the WORK ZONE. 
Open Avast; goto Firewall tab / Application Rules sub-tab.
From the listed Applications, expand Microsoft Corporation and System;
On the bar chart near “Friends in and Internet Out”, click the fourth bar.
This will change the access description to “Allow outbound access to the Internet and inbound access from Friends”, and should allow other's on your network access to your pc.

Hope this helps,
Simon

nat1

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
I don't use ICS, each of my two systems here has its own connection... so, in other words, does that mean that if needed ICS doesn't work properly  through AIS firewall, would be nice to get an answer from the devs...