Author Topic: STILL NO LICENSE KEY FOR MY PURCHASE  (Read 12783 times)

tediboy

STILL NO LICENSE KEY FOR MY PURCHASE
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:15:39 AM »
Hi people,

I purchased avast internet security 5 (3 pcs + 2 years) on the 15/3/10 from the avast homepage with my credit card please could someone tell me if i should have received it straight away when i made the order, (cash has been took from my credit card) or do i have to wait a certain amount of days, ive tried the support centre but it just keeps sayin will process e mail soon so i am totally in the dark about this, would appreciate if any you guys could shed some light on this.

THANKYOU

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: STILL NO LICENSE KEY FOR MY PURCHASE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »
contact sales@avast.com
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

andrewlen

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:43 AM »
I've made dozens of Avast purchases and the license details always arrived within minutes.  You should have received emails from "element 5 Notification" as the sender with the following subject lines from my experiences;

1. Payment information (element 5 order no. xxxxxxxxx)
2. License Key for "avast! etc" (element 5 order no. xxxxxxxxx)
3. The login information you requested

The last email (No. 3) you only get if you request that information towards the end of the purchasing process.

So yes, you should have gotten the info pretty much straight away, unless you got a message at the end of your purchase that your card details needed to be checked with your financial institution before the order would be processed which sometimes happens.

If you got none of the above yet have been charged for your puchase, then sales@avast.com and perhaps support@avast.com are your only other online options.  Support can take a while to get back to you at times unfortunately.  Good luck and hope you get sorted quickly.

Cheers...

Offline GreerThai

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
Hi Mate - yes I always received the license stuff within a few minutes of the sale confirmation. As Andrew says it comes from element5 and has all the stuff.

By the way - for Avast! version 5 you should notice that its a file rather than a text key as it was before.

Did you install it OK, and what version did you end up with? I bought it from CNET I think and got an earlier version that crashes my system, so I have resorted temporarily to the Free version, as it is up to date and doesnt bugger the bootup...

tediboy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
Yea i got the e mail from element5, the invoice attached as a pdf file, when i open it its just looks like a normal invoice there was no file to download on it

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »
Try -  Pro license enquiries Digital River (Element5) https://secure.element5.com/esales/impressum.html?.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tediboy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
Ive tried everything, on my credit card account it says pending transaction £49.96 (rounded) but its still been deducted from my card, ive been at this for 3 days now and im ready tae go sick, no help from support centre whatsoever, SHOCKING TO SAY THE LEAST, even tried the phone number in the contacts part but what do you know all i get is data noise, what the fcuk are these people up to???????????

zfactor

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 02:42:17 AM »
its in the email from element 5 usuallly about halfway down there will be a link actually in the email. you must click the link to download the lic file. it does not come as a attachment normally for me. the link they give you remains for 7 days. i have bought many lic's now and never had a issue with one yet.

tediboy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 04:13:38 AM »
CUSTOMER SERVICE Answers to the most frequently asked questions / Contact:

http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=322770065

Your order data:

https://ccc.element5.com/ccc/my_account.html?languageid=1&pid=322770065

Viewing PDF documents:You can download Adobe Reader free of charge from the following location:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

General terms and conditions of business:

http://esd.element5.com/termsconditions.html?p=322770065e43f23340464a9 Best regards,Your element 5 team

These are all the links in the e mail from element 5
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:16:49 AM by tediboy »

andrewlen

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 04:39:32 AM »
CUSTOMER SERVICE Answers to the most frequently asked questions / Contact:

http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=322770065

Your order data:

https://ccc.element5.com/ccc/my_account.html?languageid=1&pid=322770065

Viewing PDF documents:You can download Adobe Reader free of charge from the following location:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

General terms and conditions of business:

http://esd.element5.com/termsconditions.html?p=322770065e43f23340464a9 Best regards,Your element 5 team

These are all the links in the e mail from element 5

That looks like it's from the "Payment information (element 5 order no. xxxxxxxxx)" email.

Is that the only email you received after your purchase?

If so, something has definately gone wrong.. because you should have received another email containing the License information.

If that's where you're at then I suggest you get onto "sales@avast.com" and ask for your license information. I can understand your frustration.. sucks when you have a problem after doing the right thing. Alwil should put issues like this towards the top of their priority list.

Good luck..

zfactor

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:34 AM »
avast sales was awesome to deal with. im sure they will take care of you. send them a email and im sure they will help. but from my experience they do take 24+ hours to respond. so dont worry if you dont get a immediate response. they took care of every issue i had.

tediboy

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 04:38:26 AM »
Hi there,

To all of you that were dealing with my constant complaints, I AM SO SORRY the problem was not anything to do do with avast people, it was my credit card that was pending my account until my other payment had cleared, I deeply apologise for being out of order with you all. I received my license key this morning. Once again guys im really sorry for hassle'n you all about it, I hold my hand up and admit i was wrong.

ps

To all the people that replied
to my post i really appreciate it
and i apologise if my post
offended anyone, from now on
i will take the time to check things properly
instead of going in GUNG HO and blaming
the wrong people, CHEERS PEEPS.

MR EDDIE GRANT

Offline GreerThai

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
Good on you Eddie - I am sure we all understand when frustrating things happen.

All the best mate.

Greer

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
Hi there,

To all of you that were dealing with my constant complaints, I AM SO SORRY the problem was not anything to do do with avast people, it was my credit card that was pending my account until my other payment had cleared, I deeply apologise for being out of order with you all. I received my license key this morning. Once again guys im really sorry for hassle'n you all about it, I hold my hand up and admit i was wrong.

ps

To all the people that replied
to my post i really appreciate it
and i apologise if my post
offended anyone, from now on
i will take the time to check things properly
instead of going in GUNG HO and blaming
the wrong people, CHEERS PEEPS.

MR EDDIE GRANT

This is a great post - apology accepted of course. Everybody knows frustration from time to time.
Good to hear it's okay now.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
Hi people,

I purchased avast internet security  (1pc) on the 6/10/2018 from the avast homepage with my credit card please could someone tell me if i should have received it straight away when i made the order, (cash has been took from my credit card) or do i have to wait a certain amount of days, ive tried the support centre but it just keeps saying will process e mail soon so i am totally in the dark about this, would appreciate if any you guys could shed some light on this.

THANKYOU