Author Topic: Mail Scan running but no emails scanned  (Read 8430 times)

standeb

Re: Mail Scan running but no emails scanned
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
Hello Asyn,

I have a somewhat similar problem. I run Windows XP, SP3. I use Outlook Express 6. My internet provider went into a integrated relationship with G Mail after which I can receive and send e-mail from OE and G Mail. Further I upgraded from Avast 4 Home (free) to Avast 5 Home/Professional (free) on monday last and I have noted that No e-mail is being scanned when I check the mail activity winddow, 0 mail is scanned although the icon on the task bar appears to indicate that  avast is scanning the e-mails I have checked the forum and came up with this post and am asking for some assistance. Could it be that the avast 5 free does not scan e-mail as the avast 4 home did any more? Can you assist?

Thanking in advance.

standeb

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »
please use the forum's search function using the words 'outlook' and 'gmail'.
u should find anything u need there, as it has already been discussed.
good luck. :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »
Hello Asyn,

I have a somewhat similar problem. I run Windows XP, SP3. I use Outlook Express 6. My internet provider went into a integrated relationship with G Mail after which I can receive and send e-mail from OE and G Mail. Further I upgraded from Avast 4 Home (free) to Avast 5 Home/Professional (free) on monday last and I have noted that No e-mail is being scanned when I check the mail activity winddow, 0 mail is scanned although the icon on the task bar appears to indicate that  avast is scanning the e-mails I have checked the forum and came up with this post and am asking for some assistance. Could it be that the avast 5 free does not scan e-mail as the avast 4 home did any more? Can you assist?

Thanking in advance.

standeb

What are your settings in OE6 for your Gmail account: POP3 or IMAP for Incoming?
Uncheck (meians disbale) SSL / TLS for both protocols: IMAP/POP3 and SMTP in OE6.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear