Author Topic: Avast does not operate  (Read 3806 times)

irishred1107

Avast does not operate
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:41:27 AM »
I had upgraded to the 5.0 version put after a windows upgrade i got none operating icon after many different try at solving the problem I just went back to 4.8 Now it is in operable and these people at avast have no support to help and my paid license is running out by day. How come there is no product support except wise crackers who answer little in way of help and persistant problems? I sthis what we pay for? This is a sad experience for anyone who paid for protection and can't get it period. some one at avast needs to get this fixed and quit misstreating thier paid people :'(

wpn

Re: Avast does not operate
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:00:24 PM »
well i dont want to be offensive but maybe its partially because they dont understand what you are saying.
You barely use any punctuations (like  .  , ) and your sentences are not the best setup grammarwise.....

what i made up from your text:

- you had windows vista with 4.8
- then you upgraded your windows to windows 7  (i assume this since nobody buys vista and an upgrade between xp and win7 is not possible without clean install)
- after the OS upgrade you upgraded avast 4.8 to 5

Did you try to uninstall avast completely and reboot BEFORE installing another version?
Did you use the avast cleaner tool to completely remove all traces of avast? (http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclnr.exe)