Author Topic: Generate/resend license.dat  (Read 11897 times)

zApped

Generate/resend license.dat
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:26:53 AM »
Could someone please advise as to where I can get a license file for 4.8pro for use in ADNM.
The form listed on the support site, http://www.avast.com/i_kat_908.php doesn't work and one that's quoted elsewhere in forums, http://avast.com/eng/resend-license.php doesn't work either. I've contacted support but that's seems to have proved a waste of time with no reply after several days. This seems to be much harder than it needs to be with no clear guidance in documentation and a frustrating search on the website leading me to post here.

Last renewal I used one of those forms and it worked at the time.

Great product but less than ordinary communication and support especially for information that should be supplied as a matter of course during/after the purchase process.

wpn

Re: Generate/resend license.dat
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »
contact  sales@avast.com

zApped

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »
Support eventually replied by sending me a link to the resend FREE license page, which obviously wasn't particularly helpful.

I'm sure the right person could solve this in seconds by generating the file or pointing me to the correct URL.
I just don't know why you have to jump through hoops to find who to speak to.

Anyway I've emailed sales and we'll see what happens.

bong2x

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »
contact  sales@avast.com
is this a new? ::) ??? ::)

wpn

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:04:49 AM »
good, sales is responsible for the license file, they can directly generate and send it to you....

@bong2x  no thats not a new one

zApped

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
No further response from support since 19/3. However sales responded to my email today by giving me a new link to the resend license page. This is what happens when you put in your email and try to submit "Sorry, due to an error, you request was not completed. The problem is on ALWIL Software servers. Please try again later." It's like some sort of cruel joke.

wpn

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »
did you send this error to the sales team?

zApped

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »
Actually the replies from support and sales are signed off by the same person, probably once a ticket is open all correspondence is consolidated.

After waiting for a few hours and several attempts at using the form resulting in the same error I have forwarded the error back to sales.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:34:51 AM by zApped »

zApped

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 05:24:08 AM »
I received a reply from support saying they would fix the page that generated the error. I tried again today and it generated the same error, BUT the license.dat file was emailed to me. So it now works just ignore the error it spits out.

roneast

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
I live in Canada and I am having a similar problem, love the program, getting information is proving to be a huge problem.  I have paid the fees, but I am unable to register, even though I have a license key - the AVAST system keeps refusing it and telling me that I am not registered.
If they get back to you, at any point, or you get some advice from other users, please share it.  I have two days to sort this out, and then I get cut off.  Its lunacy
RE Canada