Poll

Which do u think is the better option among these?

Spybot S and D
2 (7.4%)
Malwarebytes Anti malware
20 (74.1%)
A squared Free
1 (3.7%)
A combination
4 (14.8%)
Other(please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Avast Gets UNSECURED too often  (Read 21709 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Gets UNSECURED too often
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
The pro is a one time fee for a lifetime license....   then you get autoupdate, sheduled scan and protection module with IP block

Well, what if the user is not willing to, or not in a position to pay that lifetime license fee, then what would he resort to??

a2 free!

hint: second word!! ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

riskpusher4life

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »
Download the uninstall utility`s  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

run the V5 remover and reboot
run the 4.8 remover and reboot
run " Eusing Free Registry Cleaner " fix all and reboot  http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
Install V5 again ....reboot......and pray...... ;D

and i would replace Spybot S&D with Malwarebytes  www.malwarebytes.org   

Well, Im at work right now and the issue is on my home system, I'll do that, and get back to you on what ever happened. Thanks for the assistance.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »
good luck & please let us know your results.
could be help to others.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »
and how is this poll relevant in this topic ???

riskpusher4life

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »
and how is this poll relevant in this topic ???

Thats a nice point, the topic just came up in our conversations.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
ha...well..thanks for the well directed pun. Please enlighten me on what a llama is supposed to be... thanks for that. On a more serious note.. .I use Windows Xp Service Pack 3... and its not due to Spybot...Although i just wanted to provide information regarding my system.

SpyBot Search & Destroy should not be causing you problems.  See my signature.  I do use the immunizations of both Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster.  I've had only one problem with Avast5 early on with updates not working after a few days, and a Add/Remove programs | Repair promptly took care of it.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

riskpusher4life

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »
That is a lott of stuff you've got working for you, isnt it?

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »

They're available.  The only two that are resident all the time are Avast5 and Sygate Firewall.  The rest are on demand.  Run too many security apps resident and watch your protection fall apart or at least slow your system to a crawl.  The rest are all on-demand and are only loaded and ran occasionally, (once a week or less often).
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »

way too much...
even when not resident - some parts allways load in background..,
anyways.

Jon_T

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »
Maybe there's some type of an conflict between S&D resident protection and the new avast! 5.x version--it does have a new AV/AS and Heuristics engines.  Know in the past that  S&D had issuses with other security software e.g., BitDefender.

As to your "UNSECURED too often" problem, do not have anything help to offer.  I'm using custom install of AIS 5 on three Win XP SP3 systems and have not yet encountered what you're experiencing.

As to S&D, was a longtime S&D user until I started using BitDefeder 8 AV and had issues.  I dropped S&D and switched to SAS free, and purchase SAS Pro upgrade lifetime license for $19.95.

Reason why I dropped S&D is even back then it was falling behind the other spyware apps as to detection and removal.

Have not seen any recent new tests/reviews of the newer S&D 1.4 and 1.5.x versions that S&D did very well; e.g.:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2261193,00.asp

You can use SAS free for awhile, and will eventually get an opportunity to purchase a lifetime license for the Pro version for a reduced price.  I also have the paid version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.  If I'm going to use and rely on any software on a daily basis I'll purchase or provide a donation to support it.

Hence as to your Poll I selected "Combination": SAS Pro on-demand, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the resident real-time protection.

As to your post "Well, what if the user is not willing to, or not in a position to pay that lifetime license fee, then what would he resort to??"
If not willing then its about time they learned TANSTAAFL  ::)

If truly in a position that one cannot afford to pay $20 for lifetime license, guess they would have rely on using one of the free apps available or do without.  Though would think that most that have the means (i.e., PC and ISP) to use the internet would being be able to afford $20.  ;)

riskpusher4life

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »
As to your post "Well, what if the user is not willing to, or not in a position to pay that lifetime license fee, then what would he resort to??"

If truly in a position that one cannot afford to pay $20 for lifetime license, guess they would have rely on using one of the free apps available or do without.  Though would think that most that have the means (i.e., PC and ISP) to use the internet would being be able to afford $20.  ;)

Well, most of us do not live in The Chosen Land that is America...no offense.

riskpusher4life

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
But your patience and interest is really appreciated, Thanks a ton.

Jon_T

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
SpyBot Search & Destroy should not be causing you problems.  See my signature.  I do use the immunizations of both Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster.  ...
The immunizations should not cause any issues since it's just making entries to the installed browser(s) security/privacy settings, i.e., it's not an real-time resident running.

S&D's Tea Timer real-time resident protection should be the only item that may cause of problems with the real-time resident protection of another AV/AS app.

Jon_T

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »
But your patience and interest is really appreciated, Thanks a ton.
You're welcome.

You can try The Best Free Security Software for PC
Don't if it's the "best", but it is a good reference list.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »

Well, most of us do not live in The Chosen Land that is America...no offense.

??? so what ???