Poll

Which do u think is the better option among these?

Spybot S and D
2 (7.4%)
Malwarebytes Anti malware
20 (74.1%)
A squared Free
1 (3.7%)
A combination
4 (14.8%)
Other(please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Avast Gets UNSECURED too often  (Read 21780 times)

riskpusher4life

Re: Avast Gets UNSECURED too often
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
Download the uninstall utility`s  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

run the V5 remover and reboot
run the 4.8 remover and reboot
run " Eusing Free Registry Cleaner " fix all and reboot  http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
Install V5 again ....reboot......and pray...... ;D

Hey im doing this as we speak, but you guys totally forgot about me using Immunet Protect as well. What do you have to say to that.

riskpusher4life

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »
Well, here is a little more detail on my case. When avast opens up, it says system is unsecured, in the summary and theres a "Fix Now" Button next to it. When I click it, nothing seems to happen, although ive noticed, a prominent label shows up saying "upgrade to AIS for 50% less".

The other information that is shown states, "The avast antivirus program has been stopped, or is in an inconsistent state, Please re-start the program to resume protecting your system. And theres a Start Program button next to it.

Then when i go into  the real time shields, the protection status is UNKNOWN. and when i try to start the shield again, It says, SHIELD UNREACHABLE.

When i attempt to start a scan, it says, Unable to start scan, THERE ARE NO MORE ENDPOINTS AVAILABLE FROM THE ENDPOINT MAPPER.

So, this is a real detailed look at whats wrong with the installation on my computer, as stated earlier, Avast is accompanied by Spybot S&D, Immunet Protect and USB Disk security. Windows XP Sp3 Pentium 4 512mb ram.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »
That is a lott of stuff you've got working for you, isnt it?

way too much...
even when not resident - some parts allways load in background..,
anyways.

You are wrong.  The programs in my signature that are not resident load nothing that is resident.  I've checked thoroughly.  Of course, MSIE is always somewhat resident in Windows since it is embedded.

If you think that some parts of the others are resident, would you mind listing them?
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »

way too much...
anyways.

You are wrong.  The programs in my signature that are not resident load nothing that is resident.  I've checked thoroughly.  Of course, MSIE is always somewhat resident in Windows since it is embedded.

If you think that some parts of the others are resident, would you mind listing them?

listing? i'm not on your system, so i cant list them... but!!! you can!
download hijackthis, install, look@! what you never have seen...
surprise! never mind - i had it too!
asyn

W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 06:20:08 PM »

way too much...
anyways.

asyn

Nothing there, at least from the non-resident programs in my signature.  With SuperAntispyware, when I installed it, I disabled it checking for updates which was the only part that stays resident.

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

riskpusher4life

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 06:50:21 PM »
Download the uninstall utility`s  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

run the V5 remover and reboot
run the 4.8 remover and reboot
run " Eusing Free Registry Cleaner " fix all and reboot  http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
Install V5 again ....reboot......and pray...... ;D

and i would replace Spybot S&D with Malwarebytes  www.malwarebytes.org   

Done it exactly as you've said. The result is *Hold ur breath* Avast is up and running again. PHEW! It seems okay for now, although i think it has some issue with its update process (program update). Might be nothing. Ive dropped Spybot even though we've shared a long relationship. Its MBAM now. Everything seems okay right about now.

And do anyone of you guys know what Immunet Protect is? How it works? Is it any good??
Or should I post this as another topic as well???

So far, I believe this issue has been resolved. If there are any further issues that might creep up, (because it dies after a few days of installation, like all the other times. I hope it doesnt now!) I will keep all you guys Posted.
For now, A big thanks to Pondus, Gopher John, Asyn and any others whom names i cannot remember. Thank you Guys.!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »

way too much...
anyways.

asyn

Nothing there, at least from the non-resident programs in my signature.  With SuperAntispyware, when I installed it, I disabled it checking for updates which was the only part that stays resident.

good luck 4 u - the less the better...!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

EntitY

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
You might take some time and check out Wilders Security Forums. Most software is discussed in length there.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 08:51:39 PM »
You might take some time and check out Wilders Security Forums. Most software is discussed in length there.

what 4? we're discussing here, anyway...
nice day
asyn

EntitY

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »
Asyn, I was just saying, the OP would get a better idea from Wilders Forums discussions, than any quick answer I would give. Of course you or anyone here can offer an opinion.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:23 PM »
Asyn, I was just saying, the OP would get a better idea from Wilders Forums discussions, than any quick answer I would give. Of course you or anyone here can offer an opinion.

ok. i offer an opinion:
if you don't want to post your 'long version' don't post at all.
i and maybe others don't like to be redirected to any other site to be maybe more confused than before - most people - i think - use the forum to get answers from people, who already been there, did read it and are now knowing bout the problem, whatever it is....
but it's maybe only my point of view..!?
nevertheless anyone is thankfull 4 any feedback, if stuck.
love, peace and happyness,
asyn

EntitY

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »
Asyn, your immature-comment reminds me of a sign I was checking out in the last pub I was in. It read,

" Please Engage Brain Before Opening Mouth"

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
Asyn, your immature-comment reminds me of a sign I was checking out in the last pub I was in. It read,

" Please Engage Brain Before Opening Mouth"

i believe i did, but...
if u think otherwise, it's ok with me. :)
asyn

btw: where's the pub?

YoKenny

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
Done it exactly as you've said. The result is *Hold ur breath* Avast is up and running again. PHEW! It seems okay for now, although i think it has some issue with its update process (program update). Might be nothing. Ive dropped Spybot even though we've shared a long relationship. Its MBAM now. Everything seems okay right about now.

And do anyone of you guys know what Immunet Protect is? How it works? Is it any good??
Or should I post this as another topic as well???

So far, I believe this issue has been resolved. If there are any further issues that might creep up, (because it dies after a few days of installation, like all the other times. I hope it doesnt now!) I will keep all you guys Posted.
For now, A big thanks to Pondus, Gopher John, Asyn and any others whom names i cannot remember. Thank you Guys.!

I see that you now have more than 20 posts which will permit you to update your profile to include signature information.

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Please select your country:  then Signature: and put information about your system if you like just like my signature.

See discussion:
CLAM AV and IMMUNET joins together
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56719.0

I do not use Spybot S&D

I noticed Asyn is a Comodo fanboy.  ;D

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:21:49 PM by YoKenny »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »

I noticed Asyn is a Comodo fanboy.  ;D

no, yo!
not a fanboy, just using it... (using everything that works properly)
btw: isn't that orange kenny usually dying on mtv? ;)
just joking - no offend...!