Author Topic: AIS firewall issue: network temporary down when resuming from sleep mode  (Read 3224 times)

Hermite15

happens most of the time; I already posted about it. I got to wait between 15 secs and a minute when I resume the system from stand by before I can connect to anything again. Only way I found so far to solve this issue is to uninstall AIS firewall (it's installed atm) and use another one instead. Am I the only one with this issue and can I expect it to be solved, that's really upsetting ;)

adding: when it happens, my router is okay and another system is connecting without any problem. On my system, network is on for Windows ;D i.e. no sign of loss of access to the router + Internet.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Hey Logos :)

I tried to reproduce it several times, but no problems here :-\

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Hermite15

Hey Logos :)

I tried to reproduce it several times, but no problems here :-\

Greetz, Red.

yeah that's weird, I even get this issue after a full reinstall of AIS. On a side note, Seven is using a sort of virtual wifi adapter (to allow a connection to several devices/networks at the same time) but I don't use it. Thought it could have been the cause of the problem but I still get it when I disable that. Been like that with the last few builds now. I temporarily switched to CIS firewall when this started to happen and the issue disappeared.
 Don't know, may be that's just on my laptop, may be just on W7/64...

Gargamel360

I've seen this on my system, but the down time is shorter, usually 10-20 secs.

Hermite15

I've seen this on my system, but the down time is shorter, usually 10-20 secs.

yeah it's not regular either here, let's say that one time out of a hundred, I'm instantly connected, and the rest of the time the waiting varies between 15 seconds and a minute...