Author Topic: Avast! 5 Pro and Floppy Drive Seek!?!?!?!?! (SOLVED:D:D:D:D)  (Read 31994 times)

steveoderocker

Re: Avast! 5 Pro and Floppy Drive Seek!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
Hey,

To whom this may concern (someone with the answer I hope):

All/most of the people on this thread have had this problem. Most of the posts are just people describing that they have this problem. Does anyone have the answer to this problem or can the developers try and figure it out before the release of the next build???????? :-\

It really is an annoying problem. And  as other people have mentioned, I shouldn't have to disable my working hardware for bugged software.

If someone could come up with a working solution for everyone here, that would be great! :D

Thanx All!

:D

Hermite15

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
keep rocking steve ;D

steveoderocker

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
keep rocking steve ;D

Thanx Logos :D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
Guys,

while we're still unable to reproduce the issue, it strikes me that all the people who're experiencing this are using either the Pro AV or the IS. This can't be a coincidence.

I think that one of the modules that may be possibly responsible for this behavior is the Virtualization component (aka sandbox). Therefore, I'd like to ask you to uninstall this component for a while and see if that makes any difference. If it does, we can take it from there and dig a bit deeper.

To remove the component, please go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> avast! -> Change/Remove -> Change and uncheck the box that says (surprise surprise :) ) "Virtualization component".

Thanks much
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Savoir

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010, 01:56:48 AM »
Bingo !!!
Worked for me ..... and cured the longer than usual boot times I've been experiencing as a side benefit !!

Thanks Vlk ......  but, be aware that I also had the P2P and the IM modules disabled previousily as I never engage in those types of activity. Just for your knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:01:49 AM by Savoir »

steveoderocker

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
Hey All!

I am very happy today as MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!!!! :D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DXDXDXDXD

Although, i do still have some followup questions:

A: After uninstalling the sandbox component, why do the settings for it still remain in the main UI allowing to be changed, and it still saying "run a process virtualized" ???
B: I have noticed that this problem still happens when Skype (4.X) is opened. Although, Skype has no delay while opening, so it is not really much of an issue.

Also, please correct me if I am wrong by making this assumption, though, it seems (nearly) everyone having this problem is using an Asus motherboard (anyone with it in their sig). I also use an Asus M2N-MX American Megatrends MoBo. Could that have any affect of Avast!?

Thank you for all your help users of the avast forums!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DXD

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »
Also, please correct me if I am wrong by making this assumption, though, it seems (nearly) everyone having this problem is using an Asus motherboard (anyone with it in their sig). I also use an Asus M2N-MX American Megatrends MoBo. Could that have any affect of Avast!?

If it is related to Asus Motherboards, you can check for driver updates for your board...
http://support.asus.com/download/
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Savoir

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 01:11:19 AM »
@steveoderocker

I'm making an assumption here but, here goes anyway:
Since you started this thread, I'm assuming that you have the option somehow\somewhere to change the title of it.
If you change the topic title to something like "Avast! 5 Pro and Floppy Drive Seek!?!?!?!?! SOLVED" then others, with a similar problem, will most likely read it and be able to remedy their own situation and hopefully 'chime in' with their results.

You might also add something like "Stay tuned for further developments from the devs".

Just a thought !!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:14:11 AM by Savoir »

steveoderocker

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 04:20:26 AM »
@steveoderocker

I'm making an assumption here but, here goes anyway:
Since you started this thread, I'm assuming that you have the option somehow\somewhere to change the title of it.
If you change the topic title to something like "Avast! 5 Pro and Floppy Drive Seek!?!?!?!?! SOLVED" then others, with a similar problem, will most likely read it and be able to remedy their own situation and hopefully 'chime in' with their results.

You might also add something like "Stay tuned for further developments from the devs".

Just a thought !!

Hey

@ Saviour: Do you know how  i can do this? I cannot find an option for it. Does anyone know how to do this???????

Thanx!

YoKenny

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
@ steveoderocker

Go to the first post:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57244.0

There you can change the topic title as you will see MODIFY over on the right.

Please go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Savoir

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
After uninstalling the sandbox component, why do the settings for it still remain in the main UI allowing to be changed, and it still saying "run a process virtualized" ???

I can't help with this ... after I uninstalled the Virtualization component ..... I no longer have the option to run a process virtualized nor any sandbox references in UI at all.
Maybe a reboot was needed??  I suspect so, as you haven't followed up for a couple of days.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:27:15 AM by Savoir »

doktornotor

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 08:26:46 AM »
I can't help with this ... after I uninstalled the Virtualization component ..... I no longer have the option to run a process virtualized nor any sandbox references in UI at all.
Maybe a reboot was needed??  I suspect so, as you haven't followed up for a couple of days.

There's a bug making it necessary for some people to uninstall virtualization component two times. Uninstall, reboot, uninstall.

steveoderocker

Re: Avast! 5 Pro and Floppy Drive Seek!?!?!?!?! (SOLVED:D:D:D:D)
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
Hey,

Thanx for the replies. It was just a query that was bugging at me (about the UI) - I don't really mind - as long as my problem is solved! :D:D:D

Anyways,

Thanx everyone for all of your help on this matter. And  i can officially say that this is the only thread on all of the avast forums that actually has a fix for this problem! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanx!

steveoderocker XDXDXDXD

isamuelson

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
So when will there be a fix to the virtualization component so that it doesn't do this?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »
So when will there be a fix to the virtualization component so that it doesn't do this?

it's already fixed in avast source code, please wait for the next beta refresh...