Author Topic: avast auto delete infect file, so computer can not restart  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast auto delete infect file, so computer can not restart
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »
Well DavidR, you are right about you can't retrieve the file from chest, but you are missing some info. There is something you can do, you can open the index.xml file in the chest, and you can see the info of the files in the chest, and everything related them in the chest. And as a proof, you have a screenshot taked in w7 x64 safe mode of the index file of the chest. And as you can see, there is all the info of the file i have in chest for testing purposes. This can help our friend at least to see what file was deleted, and maybe get a backup of the file in the internet. There are some files like dll's or some windows components out there, or maybe he can ask someone here at the forum to get him a copy of the file. Also i have to admit i didn't know how the chest works in v5, and thanks for the info, there is something new to learn everyday.
And then? You need to have avast to decrypt the file...
The best things in life are free.

cazoza

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »
Yes, i'm not telling you dont need avast, but our friend didn't know which file was deleted, and maybe opening the index.xml of chest can get an idea of what was deleted. Don't  get me wrong, as everything that is encrypted, you need to decrypt it if you wanna work with the file. So he can get an idea, just by opening index.xml, of what file is missing, and maybe he can restore the file from a backup, or from other machine running the same OS. and once the OS is restarted, he can just "disable" avast in safe mode. Why are you like this people? just because you have more knowledge of this, you just limit yourselves to help others if they are in your range of who deserve to be helped. Just because you are an evangelist, or a technician, it doesn't mean you can treat other people as dumb. Someone, here at the post asked him for information about the file that was deleted, and i'm just trying to help him to get some info about the file, that's all. It's not our fault if we don't know, that's why we are here, to get knowledge, and maybe in the best of the opportunities, help others that have the same issues we had.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Yes, i'm not telling you dont need avast, but our friend didn't know which file was deleted, and maybe opening the index.xml of chest can get an idea of what was deleted. Don't  get me wrong, as everything that is encrypted, you need to decrypt it if you wanna work with the file. So he can get an idea, just by opening index.xml, of what file is missing, and maybe he can restore the file from a backup, or from other machine running the same OS.
You're fully right. Just it is not an automated and simple action.

Why are you like this people? just because you have more knowledge of this, you just limit yourselves to help others if they are in your range of who deserve to be helped. Just because you are an evangelist, or a technician, it doesn't mean you can treat other people as dumb. Someone, here at the post asked him for information about the file that was deleted, and i'm just trying to help him to get some info about the file, that's all. It's not our fault if we don't know, that's why we are here, to get knowledge, and maybe in the best of the opportunities, help others that have the same issues we had.
??? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »
meigyoku, how does this further go?
Could you manage it? How?