Author Topic: Avast 5 internet security....  (Read 11404 times)

Stealthyboss

Avast 5 internet security....
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »
i installed avast 5 internet security today, at the end of installation it asked me to restart my laptop,  so i restart, boot back up, and on the login screen a error message appears saying  Error: interactive logon initialization process failed.

i pressed OK and it just loop repeats itself, so i force shutdown and boot into safe mode and goto system restore to before i installed avast internet security... is there any way i can overcome this error, i have tried twice now...

system information:
Acer aspire 5935G
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GreerThai

Re: Avast 5 internet security....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »
i installed avast 5 internet security today, at the end of installation it asked me to restart my laptop,  so i restart, boot back up, and on the login screen a error message appears saying  Error: interactive logon initialization process failed.

i pressed OK and it just loop repeats itself, so i force shutdown and boot into safe mode and goto system restore to before i installed avast internet security... is there any way i can overcome this error, i have tried twice now...

system information:
Acer aspire 5935G
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Exactly he same problem I had. I ended up going to get the FREE virus scanner and installing that temporarily. Make sure its version 5.0.462 as that works OK. I also have an Acer with the biometric security, and I think that may be what fails, but the latest version of the virus scanner does install and work.

I am trying to get a ticket registered for a complaint to Support - and see what I can do. See my post under the item about the new version 5.0.462 released, then you can see a couple of us have had the same problem. When I installed my (purchased) license key, it recognises that its for IS, and asks to upgrade - I say "Yes" - it goes and downloads a couple or three files, then happily doesnt upgrade, nor does it register... hence my current annoyance with the system...

Stealthyboss

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »

system information:
Acer aspire 5935G
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Exactly he same problem I had. I ended up going to get the FREE virus scanner and installing that temporarily. Make sure its version 5.0.462 as that works OK. I also have an Acer with the biometric security, and I think that may be what fails, but the latest version of the virus scanner does install and work.

I am trying to get a ticket registered for a complaint to Support - and see what I can do. See my post under the item about the new version 5.0.462 released, then you can see a couple of us have had the same problem. When I installed my (purchased) license key, it recognises that its for IS, and asks to upgrade - I say "Yes" - it goes and downloads a couple or three files, then happily doesnt upgrade, nor does it register... hence my current annoyance with the system...
yes im using the free one at the moment, and my acer has a fingerprint reader :(

Stealthyboss

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »
is there a solution to this yet?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
It would appear that there may be a conflict with the fingerprint reader...so ALWIL will need to take a look at that...

Stealthyboss

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:58:48 PM »
It would appear that there may be a conflict with the fingerprint reader...so ALWIL will need to take a look at that...
they better :(

spg SCOTT

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »
Well, I'm afraid that I can't help...sorry,

But we have a starting point...

It seems (from this thread, and the other one) that the home (Free) version is unaffected, but the Pro, and IS versions are affected...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »
Please send me the Windows Event log contents

C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\Application.evtx
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\System.evtx

Also please indicate the time/date the issue happened so that it's easier to look for relevant stuff.

Ideally, ZIP the two files and upload the resulting archive to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Stealthyboss

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:32:36 PM »
Please send me the Windows Event log contents

C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\Application.evtx
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\System.evtx

Also please indicate the time/date the issue happened so that it's easier to look for relevant stuff.

Ideally, ZIP the two files and upload the resulting archive to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming.

Thanks
Vlk
ill have a look, it was like 3 days ago

Stealthyboss

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:32 PM »
damn cant find it, any idea want avast error log looks like?  soo many error logs... :-[

or shall i send the whole event log?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:57:44 PM by Stealthyboss »

spg SCOTT

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »
Vlk wants the actual files of the error logs...

Go to
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\

and copy application.evtx and system.evtx

zip them and upload them to the ftp...

Stealthyboss

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
k gonna upload now

Stealthyboss

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »
ok how do i upload i went to the site...ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
but i cant find out how to upload, sorry for being a noob...

Stealthyboss

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
ok how do i upload i went to the site...ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
but i cant find out how to upload, sorry for being a noob...
what is File:eicar.com   lol i went to the pub folder in that ftp site and downloaded it and its a virus, i thought it was  for upload :S

spg SCOTT

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »
You need to put it in the \incoming folder:

http://sites.google.com/site/spg20scottsweb/home/tutorials/how-to-upload-to-avast-ftp

The eicar test file is a file that is used to test whether an av is working correctly.

See: http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm