Author Topic: P2P shield does not work, super bug.  (Read 11326 times)

Cako

P2P shield does not work, super bug.
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »
I discovered after much time end dedication, and lack of commitment of avast developers, who really does want to fix the problem with the P2P shield,
avast scans a file but he think are scanning more than 5, sometimes avast scans just one file and he think that scanning more than 60 or 80 files,is clearly a programming error.
this causes a serious problems of sound and videos using P2P programs,emule end utorrent.
P2P shield is not optimized and have this big bug.
read the topic about the problem.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55601.0
look at that photo with the last file scanned,was only one file,but avast think was 5.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:18:32 PM by Cako »

spg SCOTT

Re: P2P shield does not work, super bug.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
I don't get it, that shows the last file scanned...not last files

And by the nature of how P2P programs work, you will get lots of files scanned at the same time...

Cako

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
I don't get it, that shows the last file scanned...not last files

And by the nature of how P2P programs work, you will get lots of files scanned at the same time...
thanks for answer
I thought about it, but I was in the folder where the file and has only 1 file.
1 file can not be scanned 5 times.
the test was done with 1 file.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:08:07 PM by Cako »

dabeniao

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
maybe that is an archive file that contains 5 files in it?

Cako

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:28:58 PM »
maybe that is an archive file that contains 5 files in it?

thanks for answer.
its not.
its just 1 file,its a backup file.
004.part.met.bak
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:07:50 PM by Cako »

yaslaw

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
but it was changed 5 times. This is how the p2p programs works. After every chunk of file is downloaded *met files are saved over and over again..
The same file can change their content almost every second.
Before you start yelling about "lack of commitment"  and this kind of bs please use a google.

Cako

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
but it was changed 5 times. This is how the p2p programs works. After every chunk of file is downloaded *met files are saved over and over again..
The same file can change their content almost every second.
Before you start yelling about "lack of commitment"  and this kind of bs please use a google.

you know how to read graphs. ???
you know, look at the file he was scanned in a second.
in a second he (avast) thought it was scanned 5 files, not 5 times.
look,google for you:
http://www.google.com.br/#hl=pt-BR&q=how+to+read+grafics&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=a852d33e98265f06

thanks for answer
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:07:38 PM by Cako »

yaslaw

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
It's pure logic..  -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
it could be THE SAME file scanned 5 times (for avast name of file doesn't matter -CONTENT is important - simply this file changed very quickly and avast rescanned it numerous of times - this is the way how p2p programs works especially utorrent)
Is to complicated for you or should I paint it or write- in bold and underline?

Beside that I would say that there are more important things then debating if it was the same file or not.

To summarize - it's not a bug it's by design and it's absolutely OK. PERIOD

EOT

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:30:42 PM by yaslaw »

Cako

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:06 AM »
It's pure logic..  -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
it could be THE SAME file scanned 5 times (for avast name of file doesn't matter -CONTENT is important - simply this file changed very quickly and avast rescanned it numerous of times - this is the way how p2p programs works especially utorrent)
Is to complicated for you or should I paint it or write- in bold and underline?

Beside that I would say that there are more important things then debating if it was the same file or not.

To summarize - it's not a bug it's by design and it's absolutely OK. PERIOD

EOT

you again
its a bug.
use emule, let avast scan the file for several hours and listen a muisic or go to youtube, then you will see I'm right.
this is the logic of who are having this problem.
like I said,read the graph.
avast scan 1 file as if was 5,in 1 second....PERIOD end PERIOD again

bong2x

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:19 AM »
its a temp file. properties... it has the ability to repeat itself a million times if it's not completed yet.

Cako

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
its a temp file. properties... it has the ability to repeat itself a million times if it's not completed yet.

thanks for answer.
even if the emule save the file 60 times the avsat should shown in the graph.
and he does not show.
or the graph is wrong, or is one of the reasons for the bug P2P shield,Maybe this is what is causing the sound problem.
thanks for the suggestion  :D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 01:37:14 AM »
You just showed an image and were complaining that avast scanned that 5 files in a second in your first (when in fact it had scanned multiple parts of the same file), have you forgotten so soon ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bong2x

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 01:37:57 AM »
oops sorry!! wrong term again nevermind :)

welcome !!! :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:04:02 AM by bong2x »

Cako

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 01:59:03 AM »
You just showed an image and were complaining that avast scanned that 5 files in a second in your first (when in fact it had scanned multiple parts of the same file), have you forgotten so soon ?

I do not know how to write right but avast scan 1 file thinking he is scanning 5.
"scanned multiple parts of the same file"
this may be its causing the sound problem that I have when avast scans the File,.
I think it should be optimized.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 02:59:54 AM »
avast doesn't care, if it scans the same file once or 5 times because the file keeps being modified by the p2p process of adding to the part file (forcing avast to scan again) it records that it has scanned 5 files, not one file 5 times.

The graphics don't support saying one file was scanned 5 times as it isn't a 3d graph but a 2d graph which records total file scanning activity over a period of time, it can't break that down into another dimension to show how many times a single file has been scanned.

What is causing the sound problem is your system resources being insufficient to cope with the p2p download with avast constantly scanning it and to be running a media player or also streaming audio over the internet. This too I believe has been explained to you in another topic where you mention problems with sound.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security