Author Topic: P2P shield does not work, super bug.  (Read 11325 times)

yaslaw

Re: P2P shield does not work, super bug.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:12 AM »
DavidR -> I admire you patience :D

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
DavidR -> I admire you patience :D

+1 x 109

DavidR must be on calming drugs... Truly admirable.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
I finally lost it in another topic, as it doesn't seem to matter what I or others say it simply isn't believed, so trying to explain further when it is disregarded is a waste of time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Cako

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »
I finally lost it in another topic, as it doesn't seem to matter what I or others say it simply isn't believed, so trying to explain further when it is disregarded is a waste of time.
if your inteded was to explain, I said, I understood.
but it seems more a justification for the existence of the problem.
justify will not help,only actions will help..
P2P shield needs to be optimized.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:11:15 PM by Cako »

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 06:33:52 PM »
I'd rather say your capabilities of understanding need to be optimited. A task that may well turn out to be very hard to achieve.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Cako

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
I'd rather say your capabilities of understanding need to be optimited. A task that may well turn out to be very hard to achieve.

yahhh, yahhh
you're right!
who am I to argue with Einstein

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Here I go jumping in with both feet again, will I ever learn

There is absolutely no point in asking for the P2P shield to be optimised if you don't state how it should be optimised, to serve what purpose, especially in its current form it does what it says on the tin, it will scan downloads of all p2p traffic for supported p2p applications.

Now if that p2p application splits a file into many, many packets and gets them from multiple locations, adding them to a single which is constantly modified than avast will rescan the modified file. That is a fact of life, the file has been changed, it needs to be rescanned.

If it isn't rescanned just because it is the same file name, this makes the whole point of having a p2p shield pointless, so you might as well switch it off if that is what you want avast to do. Of course you could always do that if you want already and have your p2p application have avast scan the completed download (if it has that functionality in the p2p application) using ashQuick.exe.

Now I really am done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Cako

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »
Here I go jumping in with both feet again, will I ever learn

There is absolutely no point in asking for the P2P shield to be optimised if you don't state how it should be optimised, to serve what purpose, especially in its current form it does what it says on the tin, it will scan downloads of all p2p traffic for supported p2p applications.

Now if that p2p application splits a file into many, many packets and gets them from multiple locations, adding them to a single which is constantly modified than avast will rescan the modified file. That is a fact of life, the file has been changed, it needs to be rescanned.

If it isn't rescanned just because it is the same file name, this makes the whole point of having a p2p shield pointless, so you might as well switch it off if that is what you want avast to do. Of course you could always do that if you want already and have your p2p application have avast scan the completed download (if it has that functionality in the p2p application) using ashQuick.exe.

Now I really am done.

is exactly the same problem that occurred in the web shield when the final version of avast was launched.
you have eMule installed on your pc??
install wait a few hours and listen music.
see if it's nice.
in my avast I already disable emule and utorrent, so I dont have  more problems, this solution is temporary, I would like a final solution.
I know, avast will scan the file when it is completed.
the problem does not happen when it scans the same file 5 times or 80 times,happens when it scans more than 100 thousand files.
the problem can not be the number of files,but a memory scan after scanning many files.
that's why I insisted to ALWIL do some tests but they do not respond.
great suport !!!! >:(
DavidR,thank you for the explanation :)

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 06:34:03 AM »
It is a compatibility problem with uTorrent and emule. It is because the way utorrent download the torrent file. It had been discussed before, search the forum.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30011.msg247365#msg247365

They know what is the problem, VKL had explained to you lot of times and you dont understand. What is your hurry to fix the problem? There are more important problems to fix(like crashed, BSOD, ect). You will be protected by the resident shield even you disable the P2P shield for those programs.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:48:46 AM by calcu007 »
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Cako

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »
It is a compatibility problem with uTorrent and emule. It is because the way utorrent download the torrent file. It had been discussed before, search the forum.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30011.msg247365#msg247365

They know what is the problem, VKL had explained to you lot of times and you dont understand. What is your hurry to fix the problem? There are more important problems to fix(like crashed, BSOD, ect). You will be protected by the resident shield even you disable the P2P shield for those programs.

thanks.
but still with many problems for a long time (since 2007), I still think, if the avast scan 1 file only 1 time it probably can resolve.
optimize the P2P shield.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
Hahaahah!

Cako for many months reading on Avast forums your the only person really TOUGH!! im sure many Evangelist and Mods will never forget you! ;D

You have post different threads regarding your issues.

I think the best solution to stop this arguing is to change your AV.

Their are plenty AV's their.

I hope that would fix your issue.  8)

If not? you can bash their forum also. :D
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
I haven't read all except for the first post but I'll make my points now.

avast! is not flawed on this part. avast! is scanning multiple files because torrent makes use of pipelining -- packets of data are chunked into pieces and downloaded simultaneously from multiple sources (Seeders & Peers). To prove it, see uTorrent's Pieces tab. Thus, each packet of data from every source is scanned individually and simultaneously causing the increase in number of files scanned. These packets would be compiled together as one file once all packets were done downloading.

EDIT: Added some details and links.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 03:49:33 PM by .: L' arc :. »
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Cako

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
I haven't read all except for the first post but I'll make my points now.

avast! is not flawed on this part. avast! is scanning multiple files because torrent makes use of pipelining -- packets of data are chunked into pieces and downloaded simultaneously from multiple sources (Seeders & Peers). To prove it, see uTorrent's Pieces tab. Thus, each packet of data from every source is scanned individually and simultaneously causing the increase in number of files scanned. These packets would be compiled together as one file once all packets were done downloading.

EDIT: Added some details and links.

thanks for the reply,I'll read the link you gave.
End I'll keep looking for a permanent solution to my problem. :)