Poll

Do You trade the avast 5 for other antivirus if you could not fix a problem.

No.
53 (70.7%)
Yes,for kaspersky.
5 (6.7%)
Yes,for AVIRA
7 (9.3%)
Yes,for AVG.
1 (1.3%)
Yes,for Microsoft Security Essentials.
6 (8%)
Yes,for VIPRE.
0 (0%)
I've changed a long time ago.
3 (4%)
Yes,Noton antivirus.
0 (0%)
Yes,Mcafee antivirus.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 17, 2010, 08:51:11 PM

Author Topic: Poll,AVAST popularity and credibility.  (Read 23739 times)

CharleyO

Re: Poll,AVAST popularity and credibility.
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »

I think it is time to lock this pointless thread.    ::)

YoKenny

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »

I think it is time to lock this pointless thread.    ::)
+1

Cako

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
avast has many problems in version 5.
If you can not resolve a problem do you exchange avast for another antivirus?

Hi,

Install Mcafee for a few days, then uninstall it, and try avast again, you will ADORE it.

If you still do not like Avast, try CA Internet Security, it's the best out there.
Keep us informed.

Thanks

hi,how are you !
I've used the Mcafee, its not so good as avast.
thanks for the advice.

Hopismum

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »

I think it is time to lock this pointless thread.    ::)

absolutely -   and to moderate this forum more.

I totally understand a post from Vlk recently that he enjoys the diverse conversation but this IS a Support Forum for a business and for customers looking for help this nonsense is making this place and its support capabilitys look horrendous.     People ask for help and are told by others that their system works fine with Avast.     That isnt helpful and only makes the customer feel they are being told they are idiots.   (which some folks here up and do at a whim)   I hate over moderation but letting it be a free for all isn't good either.   Allowing members to jump on those looking for help at will, to make sarcastic remarks instead of actually helping -  is NOT good customer service nor support.    

A local friend of mine whom Ive known for over 15 years and recommended Avast to came here for some support with a problem she was having.    SHe was immediately answered with several posts telling here they didnt have the problem.    That helped her?     Of COURSE its an issue on HER end.   She knows that and was looking for some help to solve it as she could not on her own.   She left here feeling like she was being treated like a dummy for even THINKING there could be an issue.      I see that a LOT here lately.   (and yes there are several who help here who do not take that road, who help out with a real knowlege of how to deal with people,  good customer service, and try hard (its obvious) to put the customer at ease)      Its the clowns that think they are funny here or think they have to interject some nonsesical, non helpful post that isnt helping abit.

...  off my soapbox...   but had to say these things

Cako

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
some people has difficulty in accepting the opinions of others, others criticize or try to justify.
in nature the strongest attempt to control the weak and they have to attempt to  pay the price.
moderation, are for people who do not comply with the rules, if this is a poll does not need moderation.

everyone has the freedom to write or read if you want.
as being a good forum for support.

vote on the question or write what you want.
this topic is not about help or problem is a question about the poll.
moderation can not be equal to censorship..

EntitY

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
I agree connie, and keep in mind, that most forums in general usually have a Resident-Troll using different Handles to troll with. Each forum I go on I like to fish out the resident-Troll right away and the troll on this forum was easy to spot. Some forum Trolls are more intelligent than others are and are harder to spot.

PAL10

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »

I think it is time to lock this pointless thread.    ::)

absolutely -   and to moderate this forum more.

I totally understand a post from Vlk recently that he enjoys the diverse conversation but this IS a Support Forum for a business and for customers looking for help this nonsense is making this place and its support capabilitys look horrendous.     People ask for help and are told by others that their system works fine with Avast.     That isnt helpful and only makes the customer feel they are being told they are idiots.   (which some folks here up and do at a whim)   I hate over moderation but letting it be a free for all isn't good either.   Allowing members to jump on those looking for help at will, to make sarcastic remarks instead of actually helping -  is NOT good customer service nor support.    

A local friend of mine whom Ive known for over 15 years and recommended Avast to came here for some support with a problem she was having.    SHe was immediately answered with several posts telling here they didnt have the problem.    That helped her?     Of COURSE its an issue on HER end.   She knows that and was looking for some help to solve it as she could not on her own.   She left here feeling like she was being treated like a dummy for even THINKING there could be an issue.      I see that a LOT here lately.   (and yes there are several who help here who do not take that road, who help out with a real knowlege of how to deal with people,  good customer service, and try hard (its obvious) to put the customer at ease)      Its the clowns that think they are funny here or think they have to interject some nonsesical, non helpful post that isnt helping abit.

...  off my soapbox...   but had to say these things

+100........it is nice to see someone with some since around here. Not a Fan-boy flaming unfortunate Avast users. I have used Avast for years and never even new this forum existed. I was unfortunate to have built a new machine and went to get my anti virus software of choice....Avast of course. It just happened to be when 5 came out....my 1st thought was cool a new Avast what good timing. Oh god what a mistake ......it just kept crashing my new machine....I was freaked to say the least. I found this place and thought great this should shed some light........Nother big mistake......I was basically told I didn`t know what I was doing....it had to be my machine....flamed by the Fan-boys and even blown off by Avast`s PK. I was amazed......this company that I promoted for years was well....I won`t even repeat what I was thinking.
    I think Avast has the 100 million desease.....it is very common here in the US ...but maybe it`s new where Avast comes from. If they keep this attitude it will be the end of them.....I`m sure if they happen to read this post they will just laugh.....but believe me I have seen much bigger companies crash because of this kind of attitude.
    I also have had a few friends that were Avast users for many years come here and just get told to reload over and over again. Flamed and flamed again......they moved on......they told me they were shocked that the moderators or Avast allowed this. I said what moderators ? I have seen VLK say some thing in one thread a while ago.....but that was only once. I really don`t think they care just as they don`t seem to care about all the people that come here and say they are over it and moving on.....like I said they have the 100 million disease. They feel invicible.......it really is a shame. That is why I stick around here from time to time......I have not given up hope on them as of yet. I am waiting to see when this new software comes even close to the past Avast and to try and keep them to the standards that they set in the past.
    I am also going to try and keep these evangelists a little honest........call them Fan-Boys when that is what they are doing and jump on them hard when I see them flaming people that have nothing more than I problem with software that used to just be loaded, trusted and forgotten about. Now every user seems to have to be a professional trouble shooter.
    I guess I should now get off my soapbox also.....

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 01:51:44 AM »
18+ , sunny - some clouds... :D

@mod: please close thread [we'll see]

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:59:34 AM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »
PAL10, with all respect, but that is just trolling what you are doing :(

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

PAL10

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:03 AM »
PAL10, with all respect, but that is just trolling what you are doing :(

Greetz, Red.

Hmmmm....Greetz you are one of the more reasonable people around here......and you do have a good point. I have never been a troll anywhere and I don`t like the idea. But I thought trolling was causing trouble for no point or just having fun. That is not what I am intending to do at all. I feel myself and many others that have had problems here are being flamed for other peoples egos and pleasure. I`m just calling them out........it seems their are no moderators here controlling things and the flaming is out of hand. The only reason I come here at all is because I highly regarded Avast in the past and still think things will get working better in the future so I can load 5 and once again forget about it.
 But because you have a point and I respect your opinion Greetz I will back off. But I really do think this place needs an active moderator till things settle down around here....

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2010, 02:32:23 AM »
Well, whatever you say, I realy doubt your motives for posting here, as I do for some other members as well. But maybe I am wrong :-\

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
OK, guys, time to lock this thread...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.