Author Topic: Bug found  (Read 3590 times)

Alain Quarré

Bug found
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
Hello from Belgium...

First, sorry for my english.

I found a bug in Avast Free 5.0.462

How to try.

Goto your registry.
In: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
Set values TEMP and TMP to an inexistant folder (ex: C:\TEMPTEST)

Restart computer
Try to surf.

==> Avast Web agent HTTP scaner block all HTTP communication...
 (ICMP and DNS work fine)

To correct this, create manualy the folder set in registry... and the surf come back.
Bye

Alain

Stran05

Re: Bug found
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
If you change the registry value then it is evident that Avast will malfunction. How can you say that to be an Avast! bug? You kick you computer and then say your computer does'nt run and then inform that Windows XP has a bug! ;) ;D ;) Kicking renders Windows XP crazy! ::) ;D ;D

bong2x

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
 ::) maybe he/she trying to say that if this happen to you, you can fix it like this ::) its just a nega way of expressing a words ;) 8)

Alain Quarré

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
@ Stran05
For you, when you change temp folder position, avast malfunction is evident

Not for me

I change my personnal folder position to keep system partition light.
(I say Personnal folder, not userprofile)
And for that, I change also TEMP folder Position
For your information, the TEMP folder is not an Avast folder, is a system folder
And if Avast can't run normaly if this folder don't exist, is a bug in Avast. (Avast must, at least, say "The TEMP folder xxx don't exist and for that, can't run normaly")
If you don't understand that, don't post stupid reply.

I post also to help someone who can't surf with web scaner ON. this is maybe for that reason.

For who that can read french:
Read my post on my script to change personal folder position by default and by script there:
http://www.forum-seven.com/forum/topic4073.html

Bye
Alain

Stran05

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
Sorry, I could'nt understand you and I am sorry for posting such a harsh reply. Yes, your solution can be a definite boon to people who are suffering from browsing with Web Shielde on. I have whatsover no such problems with Avast! Web Shield.