Author Topic: Free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware  (Read 15756 times)

xandher

Re: Free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
xandher yes you can run avast with malwarebytes free or paid and a third party firewall free or paid, the installation of a new firewall should disable the windows firewall automatically and imo defender is not needed and you should disable that anyway.

Just make sure to put the neccessary exclusion in place between your new firewall and avast.

thanks for the reply... so, my next question is how to put exceptions and where? :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Well the firewall that you choose ( not the windows firewall as nothing needs to be added for it to work with avast ) you add the program folder to the exclusions list in the file system shield of avast then in the applications list of your firewall there should be three avast services - setup, gui, services - make sure that those three services are set to allow all.
You dont need to add anything for the free version of malwarebytes either.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

rambo1940

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I would like some advice please on the following:

I am using the FREE version of Malwarebytes , after I installed Malwarebytes I restated my computer and a message came up saying Windows blocked some programs on start up.
When I clicked to see what programs were blocked on start up, Malwarebytes was blocked by start up.

1. Why would this happen?

If you download "Auroruns"you can see what is and what isn't loading at boot up.
You can stop any
 program by unticking the appropriate box
It is a free Microsoft application and comes in a zip file
I have used it for some time even before Microsoft acquired the company that wrote Autoruns and lots of other useful applications.
You can download from FileHippo.
Regards
I removed Malwarebytes from the stat up menu and I don't get any messages saying program blocked by start up.

2. Will Malwarebytes run normally and perfectly even though it is not in the start up menu?

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic
AMD Mobile Sempron

32bit Operating System.

Is anyone else using Malwarebytes Free Edition?
I am using Malwarebytes Free Version with Avast Free Antivirus.
What do you think of Malwarebytes Free Version?
Are Malwarebytes Free Version and Avast Free Antivirus a good combination, by this I mean do you think they work well together?

Please let me know what you think thanks.

happy avast user :) :)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:48:41 PM by rambo1940 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
There are easier ways to draw attention to this topic was started a long time ago, than to quote the entire post (if that is what you sought to do) ???

Not to mention, this extension of the original post started back on 2nd October.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rambo1940

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
Don't know what happened to my reply but here it is.
If you download "Autoruns" you can see what is and what isn't loading at boot up.Untick the appropriate box to stop any program
loading at boot up
It is a first class application and comes as a zip file
I have used it for some time even before Microsoft acquired the company that wrote this and lots of other very useful applications.
It is free
You can get it from File Hippo
Regards

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
Then you would be replying to a question asked over 18 months ago, which is kind of pointless.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rambo1940

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
we can't all be perfect like an know all like you

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »
Not perfect, I just read the post and saw the date of the quoted text ;).