Author Topic: WebShield Not Working  (Read 30513 times)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
WebShield Not Working
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:23 AM »
i just recently started noticing this but the webshield doesnt seem to be working, its on and says its working but the activity is always 0/0 on scanned pages, i checked traffic history and its all showing 0 pages scanned  :-\
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

sded

Re: WebShield Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:01:45 AM »
Have you checked the web shield settings- that web scanning is still turned on, and under expert settings to make sure everything is normal?  There have been a few reports of things stopping, but nothing with a consistent trend.  I get a bunch of bars marching across the screen whenever I look, plus the last scanned indicator.  You can try a reboot or reinstall if nothing is working like that, but don't really know about a cause.

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 03:27:12 AM »
Are you using an unsupported browser, or any proxy?

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:27:11 PM »
i checked expert settings and everything is fine. im using firefox 3.6.2 and no proxy.

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
Working fine for me with IE8 just like sded's posted picture.

mhf

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
firzen : have you turned the shield off and on at any time previously ? This happened to me after having turned it off then on again - it came back after a reboot.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
firzen : have you turned the shield off and on at any time previously ? This happened to me after having turned it off then on again - it came back after a reboot.

never turned it off, its always been on and i just recently realized its not scanning anything. and kenny i realize it is working fine for most people, thats why im posting this as a problem with mine lol.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:11:18 PM by firzen771 »

sded

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »
One other thing to look at.  I saw another posting saying there appeared to be a problem related to the protection module.  You can try unchecking that, and also under redirect unchecking "ignore local communications" for the port 80 redirect.  What browser are you using, or did you try with all of them?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:09:46 AM by sded »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
One other thing to look at.  I saw another posting saying there appeared to be a problem related to the protection module.  You can try unchecking that, and also under redirect unchecking "ignore local communications" for the port 80 redirect.  What browser are you using, or did you try with all of them?

tried turning off protection module and still nothing being scanned, i unchecked ignore local communications and still nothing. and i use Firefox regularly but ive tried IE as well and same thing, no pages are scanned. :-\

Hally

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
Hi  :)

When you click on a Web page... Does your avast taskbar icon ( a ) actually spin .. Indicating that avast is scanning the webpage?

What other security software are you using?
Example... Firewall
OR... Any kind of Advert Blocking software
Any other kind of software that you think might have an imapact on avasts ability to scan web pages?

Hally

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
@ Hally

Its hard offering firzen771 advice when they do not have any information about the system they are using in their signature.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »
@ Hally

Its hard offering firzen771 advice when they do not have any information about the system they are using in their signature.

just have Zemana Antilogger. and in firefox i have adblock plus, no script, keyscrambler and WOT but those have never had issues with avast before.

YoKenny

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:32 AM »
@ firzen771

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
@ firzen771

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

done

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 12:39:24 AM »
alright so i followed wat u wanted me to do, and ive received even less assistance since... ???