Author Topic: WebShield Not Working  (Read 30507 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: WebShield Not Working
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:27 PM »
There are many topics in the forums that have been open for some time, as I said they are hardly likely to visit every topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
 I see you're running keyscrambler, and I had huge issues with it a few days ago. Try removing it... (note that my issues with this software might be due to 64 bit OS >>> I even had troubles uninstalling it) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=58973.0
 Also, there are some rare extensions (meant to avoid eavesdropping by "blurring" the http flaw) in FF that will prevent the web shield from scanning anything, I've seen it. Don't know if you got any of these installed...

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
I see you're running keyscrambler, and I had huge issues with it a few days ago. Try removing it... (note that my issues with this software might be due to 64 bit OS >>> I even had troubles uninstalling it) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=58973.0
 Also, there are some rare extensions (meant to avoid eavesdropping by "blurring" the http flaw) in FF that will prevent the web shield from scanning anything, I've seen it. Don't know if you got any of these installed...

hmm, ill give the keyscrambler thing a try
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Hermite15

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:50 AM »
keyscrambler could be it in your case because it runs on both IE and Firefox when installed... (and on Windows itself)...it's really intrusive.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:24:38 AM by Logos »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:22 AM »
keyscrambler could be it in your case because it runs on both IE and Firefox when installed... (and on Windows itself)...it's really intrusive.

during the install i chose to not have it installed on IE so it wuldnt explain why the webshield does not work in IE either, but ill still give uninstalling it a try.

tortoise

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
I have a similar but not identical problem and will start a new thread to explain.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 01:16:55 AM »
alright so its official, avast tech support is complete crap since i havent received any response to my support ticket other than the first one which was to simply "reinstall"... this is kind of pathetic tbh. especially since the guy who replied said to rply back if i need any further assistance and ive received nothing, what a joke.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »
alright, so after a while of waiting, tech support did finally get back to me, with somebody who actually knows what theyre talking about luckily and has gotten a "work around" to get the webshield working for me, i had to manually enter a proxy IP and port into my browser for avast's webshield to scan sites.

im hoping they can get this problem worked out officially though so that the work around isnt required everytime, for every browser i may have. but for now, it is working at least.

Hermite15

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 12:21:55 AM »
s**t...sorry about that...I knew this trick and I just didn't think about it...because I never needed it in FF. I've used it in FDM just for fun and it worked :D

ps: adding a line to webshield.ini was needed too >>> OptinProcess="process".exe
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:25:07 AM by Logos »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 02:43:41 AM »
s**t...sorry about that...I knew this trick and I just didn't think about it...because I never needed it in FF. I've used it in FDM just for fun and it worked :D

ps: adding a line to webshield.ini was needed too >>> OptinProcess="process".exe

haha np, all's good for now, but i see in the new changelog something about webshield compatibility, i wonder if that has anything to do with my problem.